A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
This is a full-time, fixed-term position to 30 June 2022.
Based at the Dalby Regional Saleyards, which sees more than 200,000 cattle sold annually, you will effectively work as part of the Saleyards Team to ensure the Saleyards facility is operated and maintained at a high standard.
- Utilise and maintain items of plant, equipment, tools (hand and power) in accordance with required standards, in particular use of a Bobcat;
- Undertake maintenance of the saleyards infrastructure assets, including cleaning of yards and troughs;
- Maintain a high level of presentation for the Saleyards facility;
- Assist in the effective delivery of Sale Day activities including computer data entry, weighing and record keeping activities.
You will have knowledge of the operation and maintenance of livestock saleyards, experience in stock handling and knowledge of animal welfare and management practices. The successful applicant will also be required to have:
- Current Queensland C Class Licence
- OH&S Construction Safety Induction White Card
- Bobcat Competencies
- Weapons licence - Humane Destruction A & B or ability to obtain
- a Q Fever Immunisation.
What we offer:
- Work/life balance - 9 day fortnight
- Salary Packaging available - Motor Vehicles, Superannuation, Remote Area Housing (Rent), Fuel, Gas and Electricity
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Access to various training opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Living & Working in the Western Downs (see links below)
In return for your enthusiasm and positive attitude, you will be provided with the opportunity to work as an integral part of the local community in a supportive team environment where no two days are the same. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
WDRC require each candidate for this position to complete a Pre-Employment Questionnaire (click 'Apply Now' & scroll down to locate form). Please upload your completed questionnaire in the qualifications section at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this position.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Experience Western Downs
Taste the Western Downs
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.