If you are looking for:
· A career with market leading engineering business developing and applying precision motion products and system in the most demanding defence related applications
· A workplace where an environment of trust and respect stimulates innovation and continuous learning validating your ideas and concepts in real applications
· An opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in the multicultural, multi-skilled team that relies on individual integrity, fosters individual responsibility, and promotes excellence in performance
· Enjoy the Australian life style whilst be part of the global organisation collaborating with colleagues all over the world solving complex engineering problems
Look no further – Moog is the right place for you.
Moog Australia Pty Ltd established in 1979, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Moog Inc. a leading global supplier, delivering motion control and electronic solutions to the military. As a Defence Recognised Supplier since 2003, Moog Australia has been actively supporting the efforts of Australian and New Zealand's operational and training forces.
Moog provides mission critical systems and components across Land, Air and Sea platforms including the F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, Black Hawk, AP-3C Orion, ASLAV, M113AS4, M1A1, LHD, AWD, Collins Class Submarine and future platforms including the F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter and the Boxer CRV. Our mission is to design and manufacture mission critical Defence Solutions from Australia for the Asia-Pacific, focused on weaponization and precision motion control.
We have an opportunity within our team for an enthusiastic Land Domain Defence Manager to the Director of Defence Control Systems
Summary of Job & Individual:
The primary role of the Land Domain Defence Manager is customer intimacy and optimization of entity performance. The incumbent knows the customer extremely well including people, preferences, biases, problems, attitudes, motivations, funding streams, strategies, etc. so Moog can be placed in a position to maximize our ability to generate new business.
- A driven and dynamic nature, a high level of commercial acumen and a focus on delivering results
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Experience within the Australian Defence environment, particularly the Land Domain and Sustainment industry, ideally through prior service with the Australian Army
- Demonstrated experience in sales and business development
- A strong network within Defence and an ability to build relationships with new stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously and manage competing priorities
- Ability to travel domestically approximately once per month
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to attain the goals of the DI business, SDG Operating group, Corporate entity, and stakeholders.
- Provide strategic advice to Moog Australia so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the customer’s future plan.
- Manage, develop, and implement business development strategy to support the entity strategy and X-Matrix flow down where necessary.
- Champion the development of appropriate sales strategy and plan with the sales team members and lead business development to implement of the strategy.
- New business development in identified markets vs. plan (number of new customers, revenue growth, customized solutions).
- Develop plans for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer's requirements, issues, and needs
- Strategize on win themes aligned with customers critical needs
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategies, and acquisition timing
- Co-ordinate sales activities, including collaboration, innovation, and other workshop sessions
- Undertake competitive assessments, teaming, and pricing efforts
- Develop white papers, presentations, and other artifacts to support pursuits and technology development plans.
- Brief senior management when appropriate and lead reviews
- Support other business development activities
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Develop understanding of Defence markets through analysis of such data like but not limited to Defence White paper, Budgets, Technology developments and shifts, SIPRI Data and Defence journals.
- Understand and monitor the key account customers, markets, and competitors. Build an overall marketplace analysis of the Defence landscape by country.
- Must develop intimate customer knowledge and long-term relationships with key customer personnel up through senior management levels and create Moog champions out of customer personnel.
- Develop detailed knowledge of customers' organizations such that the new business decision-making process is well understood, and key decision-makers are identified.
- Masters/BSc/BA in Defence studies, business, strategy, or relevant field.
- Engineering qualification in a supporting discipline could be an advantage.
- Proven experience, at least 5 years, as a Sales and/or BDM position
- Previous Defence experience in Land Domain
- Understanding of international and domestic export restrictions and approval processes
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Current or previously held Australian security clearance or eligible to obtain security clearance
- Needs to work closely with opposite numbers in other Moog territories towards collective planning and goals.
- Work with the necessary OG stakeholders towards aligned goals to grow the business.
- The role will require the incumbent to travel as required mainly within A&NZ, APAC and occasionally US & EU.
- As Moog is a global MNC there is an expectation that senior roles such as this will need to interact through various forums, meetings, and calls. This will drive some out of core hour’s activity due to time zones.
Location: Canberra Office
If you are interested in the role, please submit a current CV as well as a cover letter addressing the criteria above.
Moog Australia is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities.
Watch our video to find out more about Life @ Moog
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a key account manager?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.