Management Consultant (Senior Manager)
- 2 x leadership roles in a well-established and growing management consulting firm
- Flexible start date and full time or part-time role considered for the right applicants
- Salary package from $145k (incl super) + sign-on bonus negotiable (+ future equity options)
- Operational leadership (Site Management) and/or practice leadership (Procurement)
- Sydney, CBD (Wynyard)
Imagine the difference you could make as part of Grosvenor's team
Grosvenor Performance Group (www.grosvenorpg.com.au) is an employee-owned and growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane. We are a firm that genuinely cares about our staff and offers real work life flexibility. We are proud to be Great Places to Work Certified, with our results some 20 points ahead of the average firm in our industry.
For over 25 years we have helped our private and public sector clients find fearless and practical solutions to complex problems. We help our clients achieve the necessary results in the right way - by adding real value. We are proud of our Net Promoter Score which is currently +59.
The way we treat our staff makes us stand apart from our competitors. Long before COVID, we had a workplace flexibility policy that respects individual preferences and enables people to work in different ways. During COVID, none of our employees were made redundant, we had no cuts to pay and no forced leave. Instead, we have grown the business about 20% this year.
Check out www.grosvenorpg.com.au/careers/ for more details.
About the Roles
We are looking for two senior people to join our Sydney office. We are flexible on the skills and experience, but ideally prefer candidates with Management Consultant experience in procurement, public sector advisory and / or property. As a senior manager, you will win and lead consulting projects, mentor and grow less experienced team members and contribute to the operation of the business, either as Site Manager for the Sydney office or a Practice Manager for our procurement practice. We’re open to people with direct site management and procurement practice management experience that can immediately be successful in these roles and people with relevant experience that can grow into these roles in a 6–12-month timeframe. We would prefer both roles to be full time, however, will consider part time for the right candidates.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead project teams, providing subject matter expertise relevant to consulting methodologies, approaches and facilitation as well as quality assurance, quality thinking and quality outcomes
- Be a senior point of contact for more junior staff to ask project related and professional development related questions
- Together with other senior people in the office, grow our Sydney business through building trusted relationships and top-quality deliverables, as well as proactive business development and writing proposals.
In addition to the Senior Manager responsibilities, specifics of the Site Manager role include:
- Overall leadership for Sydney office (currently seven staff), including managing several staff directly
- Monitoring office performance metrics (including profitability) and coordinate changes to approach if required
- Responsible for local staff resourcing utilisation and efficiency, as well as satisfaction, cohesion, wellbeing, performance, and development
- Resource forecasting for the office and recruiting/onboarding when required
- Determination of project teams and monitoring of workload allocation at a local level
- Building the general consulting skillset in Sydney based staff
- Working collaboratively with the other Site Managers and the Resourcing Manager to balance workloads as required between staff and offices.
In addition to the Senior Manager responsibilities, specifics of the Procurement Practice Manager include:
- Driving growth in sales and profile of procurement practice
- Leading the development and refinement of the procurement practice plan, encompassing objectives, strategies and tactics for practice and capability growth
- Coordination of visible experts to achieve procurement goals for reach and sales
- Development, in consultation with the Marketing Manager, of relevant marketing content, including procurement website content
- Making go / no go decisions on procurement-related proposals
- Developing proposals
- Proactive business development activities
- Representing procurement practice in accordance with GPG Brand and Beliefs
- Leading development and building of internal capabilities, including development and utilisation of knowledge content / tools / templates (industrialisation)
- Leading development of value-adding relationships, including with clients and partners, and coordination of visible experts.
What we can offer
In addition to your salary, we offer a range of unique perks, some of which are outlined below. Our people are our most valuable asset and we reward them for their hard work in a range of ways:
- Wellness allowance
- Individual training allowance - tailor your career around your interests
- Flexible work options (including part-time arrangement for the right candidate, WFH (not just during COVID!) and flexible hours)
- Lavish company conferences and share fairs multiple times per year, alternating between the states our offices are located in
- Minimal “work from the client site“ requirements - be part of a true project/office team
- Career advancement at your pace - no requirement for a position to be vacant for you to be promoted
- If desired, grow into a more senior position with the option of equity participation
- all Grosvenor staff are covered by our corporate Life/ Permanent Disability insurance and Income Continuance insurance policy
- Community service leave
- Study leave.
Do you have the Grosvenor DNA?
Our people come from all walks of life, but everyone is the real deal, with a glass-half-full approach to life. The right candidate will have exceptional soft skills, be professional, resilient, flexible and honest, and know how to have fun.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following attributes:
- are a go-getter, love variety and love being consistently engaged – you cannot stand boredom
- show initiative and want to make our Sydney consulting business your own
- passionate for passing on your knowledge to more junior staff
- keen to contribute to the leadership of our business through Site Management or Practice Management
- have the ability to quickly build lasting, trusting relationships with our team and our clients
- have the desire and commitment for continual learning and personal development, underpinned by a willingness to reflect and admit mistakes
- have a relentless focus on quality thinking
- be inspired by challenge and variety in work and clients
- have a flexible, friendly, proactive and fun attitude
- excellent writing skills.
Being able to demonstrate the following will be of significant advantage:
- ideally 3 to 5 years experience in a management consulting role
- experience managing staff and small teams, including on a project basis
- having some experience delivering sales and business development activities
- experience working on consulting projects that align with one of our practice areas:
- Procurement (www.grosvenorprocurement.com.au): Delivering end to end complex procurement processes for government and private organisations, delivering procurement function transformation projects, contract management expertise, implementation of procurement systems
- Corporate Real Estate (www.grosvenorproperty.com.au/) Functional assessments of the property team, portfolio strategy, accommodation strategies, capital works procurement, facilities maintenance procurement
- Public Sector Advisory (www.grosvenor.com.au): Program Evaluation, Efficiency and Effectiveness Reviews, Service Delivery Design, Government Program Design and Management, Public Sector Strategy and Design
- Consulting projects for the NSW Government, Universities or the Federal Government.
If you have some of these attributes, but not all, please don’t be put off - we would still love to hear from you!
Do we sound like people you want to work with?
If Grosvenor sounds like your type of organisation, send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you've got the Grosvenor DNA and credentials to be one of our Senior Managers, including nominating which role is your preference.
- Applications close on 2 August 2021 but are being continually reviewed - apply ASAP!
- Got questions? No worries! Give Peter a call on 0428 211 255.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.