Minimum NV1 Defence clearance or eligibility to acquire one is mandatory (requires Australian Citizenship).
Fivecast is a world-leading provider of digital intelligence solutions. We enable the world’s most important public and private organizations to explore masses of data and uncover actionable insights, critical to protecting global communities.
Fivecast is an inclusive employer, we value diversity of thought and experience, and we believe our inclusive culture contributes to our success. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and work. As a growing start-up, all team members are provided with the opportunity to directly contribute to our success, participate in the development of new and emerging technologies and grow their career in a challenging and dynamic high-tech environment.
About the Role:
A Fivecast Test Analyst is responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated testing for web-based software applications. You will work closely with business analysts, software engineers and data scientists as well as other members of the test team.
- Developing test procedures to enable comprehensive testing of new product features, working with the development team to review requirements, understand changes and prepare for testing.
- Testing new product features as part of release candidates, finding and documenting defects with sufficient detail for developers to replicate issues.
- Collecting, generating, and maintaining test datasets to support feature development and testing.
- Maintaining and extending automated API and UI tests, striving for good code coverage of critical components while considering maintainability.
- Assisting in investigating software defects on production systems.
In addition to the duties identified above, additional tasks will be determined by Fivecast in line with the position.
- Qualifications in information technology, software, and/or computer science related degrees
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Experience in developing test plans, procedures, and automated test harnesses
- Web application development and testing experience
- Web API/UI testing using selenium or similar automation frameworks
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and search engines
- Basic understanding of RESTful APIs
Our Work Environment and Culture
Only a few minutes from the city, Fivecast is located at Base 64 on North Terrace, home to other innovative and interesting Australian technology start-ups. Enjoy a casual, relaxed atmosphere that encourages collaboration and includes a fully equipped kitchen, barista quality coffee machine, end of trip facilities, comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces for meetings and eating. Base 64 also provides onsite parking or unmetered street parking is available nearby.
Fivecast has a connected work culture with team members often taking advantage of the in-house Foosball table, local cafes, bars, pubs and sporting facilities for Friday lunches, after work drinks and group activities. At Fivecast we understand the importance of a good work-life balance and support flexible work arrangements.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.