ERDS is an electrical design consultancy, operating in Queensland since 1997. We are an established consultant in the commercial and industrial, government, and residential markets, providing a diverse range of electrical planning and design services. We are 'A' rated consultants with Energex and Ergon Energy and have a solid reputation for delivering the highest level of quality and value to our Clients.
This is an exceptional career opportunity to join a highly successful and growing business with an outstanding reputation for providing high-quality services to our clients.
ERDS is looking to appoint an experienced RPEQ Engineer for:
- Lighting & Traffic Signals projects (TMR experience highly regarded) and
- Distribution & Subdivision projects (Energex/Ergon network experience desirable)
The role has a strong focus on successfully delivering detailed, high quality designs in a timely and efficient manner to satisfy our client’s needs. Core responsibilities will include development of concept and detailed designs, as well as peer review checks and certification of designs.
The successful candidate shall be a self-motivated, quality-driven individual, with a strong client focus and work ethic and the ability to thrive in a team environment. You will have gained superior technical skills and knowledge working for a consultancy, government department, utility group or service provider within the Australian market.
To be considered for this role, applicants will demonstrate evidence of the following qualification/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, with RPEQ status
- 5+ years current design experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Road Lighting / Traffic Signals / Distribution / Subdivisions
- Extensive experience with relevant engineering design software
- Strong focus on time and resource management with ability to plan and prioritise multiple and competing deadlines
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a range of engineering and professional disciplines.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy
- Strong understanding of Quality Management System principles
- excellent working conditions, including a supportive small team environment
- a project portfolio that will challenge and develop your skills
- access to flexible work arrangements including RDO's and work from home
- access to ongoing training and career development
- paid membership to one relevant professional body
Please forward your cover letter and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 6 August 2021. All applications are strictly confidential. Please contact Shay Quinn via email email@example.com for further information regarding this opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in employment with ERDS. Please note that applications from recruitment agencies or applicants requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?
- Are you a current member of Engineers Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.