Electrical Distribution Designer
ERDS is an electrical design consultancy, operating in Queensland since 1997. We are an established consultant in the commercial and industrial, government, and residential markets, providing a diverse range of electrical planning and design services. We are 'A' rated consultants with Energex and Ergon Energy and have a solid reputation for delivering the highest level of quality and value to our Clients.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, we have a permanent role available for an experienced Electrical Distribution Designer, providing the opportunity to work on a range of electrical designs within the Electrical Supply industry. The role is focused on successfully delivering electrical designs in a timely and efficient manner, with an expectation of strong commitment to our quality systems and delivery processes, including design reviews and recordkeeping.
You're an experienced designer who can hit the ground running to prepare and document high quality, OH and UG network designs. Ensuring that all work is delivered on time and in accordance with Clients’ expectations. Core responsibilities will include site investigation, concept and detailed design, along with peer review checks and compiling design packages for delivery to the Client.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, quality-driven individuals, with a strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a team environment. They will have obtained superior technical skills and knowledge working for a consultancy, government department, utility group or service provider within the Australian market. Additional requirements include:
- 5 years current design experience involving the Ergon and/or Energex networks (desirable)
- Urban, semi-rural and rural distribution network design capability
- Comprehensive knowledge of overhead and underground LV to 66kV network standards
- Engineering survey experience for line profiling and route selection
- Experience with relevant engineering design software eg CATAN, Poles N Wires, AutoCAD
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, organize and prioritise own workload
- excellent working conditions, including a supportive small team environment
- a project portfolio that will challenge and develop your skills
- access to flexible work arrangements including RDO's and work from home
- access to ongoing training and career development
- paid membership to one relevant professional body
Please forward your cover letter and an up to date CV to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 6 August 2021. All applications are strictly confidential. Please contact Shay Quinn via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding this opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in employment with ERDS. Please note that applications from recruitment agencies or applicants requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.