ERDS is an electrical design consultancy, operating in Queensland since 1997. We are an established consultant in the commercial and industrial, government, and residential markets, providing a diverse range of electrical planning and design services. We are 'A' rated consultants with Energex and Ergon Energy and have a solid reputation for delivering the highest level of quality and value to our Clients.
ERDS has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced AutoCAD Technician. The role will provide drafting services for a number of our product lines, including Public Lighting, Traffic Signals, Subdivisions and Power Distribution Network. Your key responsibility is to produce detailed CAD designs and related output in a timely and effective manner to enable our Designers to successfully deliver project designs that satisfy our Clients’ needs and expectations. This role would be suitable for an experienced drafter or a design drafter.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual, with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail. Equally suited to working in a collaborative team environment and a self-managed situation, you thrive in a commercially focused business, and can demonstrate your ability to achieve project deadlines, while adhering to the highest level of quality. Ideally you will be an electrical drafter with a background in consulting or power utilities. We anticipate you having the following skills and experience:
- extensive experience with AutoCAD
- knowledge of road design and geometrical layouts, preferably within a civil design environment
- MS Excel proficiency
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
- ability to successfully self-manage a portfolio of assignments at any time
- Willingness to mentor and train others
- Ability to identify improvement initiatives
- excellent working conditions, including a supportive small team environment
- a project portfolio that will challenge and develop your skills
- access to flexible work arrangements including RDO's and work from home
- access to ongoing training and career development
- paid membership to one relevant professional body
Please forward your cover letter and an up to date CV to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 6 August 2021. All applications are strictly confidential. Please contact Shay Quinn via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding this opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in employment with ERDS. Please note that applications from recruitment agencies or applicants requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.