- Are you happy to get your hands dirty and your feet wet?
- Are you a little bit tech savvy with a problem solving mind?
- Are you looking for a stable position with a progressive and growing organisation?
- Are you happy to travel to the beautiful Winfield location?
- Do have a Can Do Will Do attitude and mind set?
- If you have answered YES to the above then please apply, you are what we are looking for.
MFM is an expanding management business built on a reputation of growing high-quality macadamia nut for investors. The key to this growth has been investing in sustainable farming practices, agronomics and the latest technology to produce high yielding orchards for now and into the future.
About the role:
Winfield located near the beautiful township of Baffle Creek (approx 57 km from Bundaberg) is looking for an experienced Irrigation Assistant to join their team.
Reporting to the Irrigation Supervisor you will be responsible for all hands on irrigation related duties. Your focus will be to work with the irrigation team to monitor, record and accurately supply water to maximise production across the orchards at Winfield.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the programming of automated irrigation controllers
- Using soil moisture probes, manual checking and other tools to monitor and apply irrigation water
- Assist with the application of fertilizer through fertigation systems
- Follow irrigation schedules, recording all irrigation inputs
- Irrigation labour tasks such as repairing valves, sprinklers, digging trenches, replacing poly pipe
What we need from you:
- Previous experience in farming irrigation
- Demonstrated experience with irrigation controllers (manual and automated)
- Ability to work with APP based software, write reports, read and execute watering schedules
- Physically fit to undertake labour tasks
- Computer literacy is essential
- Ability to read and execute irrigation and fertigation schedules
- Ability to complete written reports/documents relating to Irrigation
- Current QLD Drivers Licence and reliable transport
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity please:
- Submit your application via SEEK
- Attach a cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’
- Attach a detailed resume (including min. 2 professional referees)
Please Note: Successful candidates are subject to undertaking pre employment drug screening.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- How far are you willing to travel for work?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Irrigation Assistant?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.