Intermediate Accountant Business Services
About the business and the role
We believe in personalised expertise to help our clients thrive. Our clients are dreamers, believers and innovators. They are the companies and people that know that greatness awaits them.
We partner with our clients: we guide, empower and protect them on their business and financial journey.
Our team are wise, confident and encouraging. We bring the WOW in everything we deliver.
By working with us you will:
- Have motivating work that requires great skill.
- Work with ambitious and demanding clients that require the FMA team to be at their best.
- Work with industry-leading experts.
- Be part of a specialist, city calibre firm that understands the value of its people.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As an intermediate accountant you have commenced or looking to commence the CA program and will be highly productive in providing business services and tax services to clients in a professional, concise, and efficient manner that is tailored to suit the client profile.
You will work alongside expert partners and managers on a daily basis. Your role and duties includes:
- Reviewing basic Financial Statements, tax returns and Activity Statements for partnerships, companies, trusts, individuals and superannuation funds (not mandatory for role).
- Provision of CFO advisory services including preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of payroll tax calculations on a monthly basis
- Assist with any bookkeeping requirements
- Undertaking tax research for managers
- Liaising with clients to gather queries and assist with their affairs
- Reviewing the work of our offshore team
- Participate in regular internal and external training.
- Supporting the management team.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this position it is envisaged that you:
- Have at least 18 months full time experience within a Chartered Accounting Firm
- Have commenced or starting your CA program
- Has Xero experience
- Has experience in preparing financial accounts and tax returns
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will communicate with clients daily and our offshore team
- Be highly accountable and strive for providing excellent service
- SMSF experience is favoured but not required
Job benefits and Perks
- Competitive remuneration package and ability to earn bonus
- Achieve work / life balance. All partners have young families and understand the importance of balance. We have listened and have a flexible work policy in place.
- Monthly drinks and monthly perks for meeting budget
- Community focus with monthly charity support
- Fortnightly professional development training
- High performing team and culture
- Do you have experience using Xero?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.