RedGrid is a Melbourne-based startup on a mission to accelerate the clean energy revolution. RedGrid’s software seamlessly teams up with the home appliances we all use everyday to help people save money, form virtual energy communities, and stop using fossil fuels. Our technology not only saves households money on their energy bills, it rewards them for using renewable energy at the right time.
Over the last three years, RedGrid has worked with leading property developers, banks, and international accelerators to validate and build technology that changes how people, communities, and businesses use energy everyday. We are planning an exciting new phase of growth as we launch a B2C product that will truly disrupt the way every home experiences their energy use.
About the role
Are you someone who thrives on pushing boundaries and trying new things, but also getting down to the nuts and bolts and tinkering to get the result you want? Do you have empathy for customers’ pain points and enjoy digging deep to find the solutions to their problems? Does the idea of working on a galactic-scale mission to turn energy use on its head and help create a more resilient world get you excited? If so, then come and work with us!
This is an exciting opportunity to lead RedGrid’s marketing team and deliver the go-to-market and first-year acquisition plan to meet our company targets. In essence, you’ll be responsible for customer targeting, segmentation, product positioning, key messaging, marketing channels (paid, earned, and owned) and budgets to acquire, grow, and retain our customers throughout their journey. You’ll report directly to the CEO and work very closely with the product team and Chief Product Officer. You’ll focus primarily on B2C, but will also provide input and support to our B2B and capital raising efforts.
What you’ll be working on
User growth and strategy
Design and execute a go-to-market strategy for RedGrid’s product that involves;
● Leading on customer discovery to identify our core customers, understand their problems, and test different value propositions.
● Running go-to-market experiments and working closely with the product team to improve the customer journey.
● Developing RedGrid’s user acquisition strategy. Set and manage an aggressive customer acquisition goal, and create and implement tactics to meet the goal.
● Building a high-achieving growth marketing team that puts customer value at the heart of its operations.
● Working closely with the Product team to continually improve customer experience.
● Develop an engaging content marketing strategy (paid, earned and owned) to build awareness of the RedGrid brand and capture the interest of the B2C market.
● Continuously test and optimise new channels, audiences, visual creative, and copy.
● Provide data-based reporting on digital ad creative and content to optimise channel performance, including paid social and search, video, and SEO.
● Implement successful marketing funnels that lead to product engagement.
● Work with multiple external marketing agencies when necessary to deliver international campaigns, including for capital raising.
● Improve customer experience from early interest through to onboarding processes and long-term product /brand engagement.
Branding and positioning
● Collaborate with design, product, and marketing to take our brand awareness to the next level.
● Design clear, compelling, and differentiated marketing initiatives across channels to tell the RedGrid story.
Experience and skills
● Experience working with a start-up in the early growth and expansion phase to build a product-led marketing and scaling strategy from the ground up.
● 3-5 years of experience in a top tech company (preferably SaaS or enterprise SaaS), banking, asset management, strategic consulting, or equivalent.
● Experience in supporting marketing initiatives related to capital raising.
● Experience in marketing automation, channel marketing, and running campaigns to drive user growth.
● Experience putting efficient B2C sales and marketing tools and processes in place.
● An effective and inclusive leader who can manage, motivate, and inspire their team to meet KPIs.
● Excellent project management skills with the ability to autonomously lead, implement, and execute marketing plans.
● A positive attitude, curious mindset, and the ability to see the good in any situation.
● A willingness to fail, learn, and grow.
● A data-driven, analytical thinker who can quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
● A flexible approach and willingness to dive into marketing solutions across the business as needed.
● An eagerness to see over-the-horizon opportunities and work with international partners as the company grows.
Why work with RedGrid
● Work with a mission-driven tech startup that’s making a positive impact on the planet.
● A supportive team and work environment (based in Melbourne’s CBD but with flexible working from home arrangements).
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● Access to a network of incredible clients and partners.
● Huge potential to grow with us.
● We prioritise work/life balance and promote flexibility to ensure our team’s wellbeing.
● We are building the operating system of the future clean energy world. Be a part of that journey.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Growth Marketing Lead.
Applications close September 28, 2021. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.