About the business
Over the Wire is an ASX listed provider of corporate-grade Telecommunications, Cloud and IT Solutions throughout Australia. Over the Wire has approximately 300 full-time employees and is headquartered in Brisbane, with additional offices in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and most recently New Zealand.
Over the Wire offers our clients the following integrated suite of products and services to the mid-market:
- Data Networks and Internet
- Cloud and Managed Services
- Data Centre Co-Location and hosted services
Our purpose is to simplify technology to empower business. We love the challenge of turning complex technology environments into solutions for our customers. Our customers' success is our success. We grow when our customers grow. We take tech problems out of the way so our customers can get on with what they are good at.
About the role
The Solution Architect role is to ensure that solutions presented by Over the Wire are technically capable of delivery within the current Over the Wire product suite. If not currently capable that sign off has been provided by the relevant technical teams before committing to the customer.
In addition, the Solution Architect examines the specific elements of the solution to ensure they are within approved product definitions and are capable of being provisioned by the company.
This position is of equivalent status to members of the sales team and represents the final technical sign off before hand over to the post sales implementation team. The position takes full accountability for the technical nature of solutions offered to customers.
A proportion of time will be directed to aspects of sales & product administration including proposal preparation, carrier service qualification, internal and external product meetings.
Areas of Accountability
- Pre Sales
- Post Sales
- Solutions & Product Architecture
- Internal Operations
- Client/Account/Partner Meetings:
- Meetings with existing or prospective customers
- Direct contact with customer on site or in the office.
- Preparation of formal proposals (in conjunction with sales team)
- Demonstration of Over the Wire products
- Major Tenders/RFPs when required
- Solution and technical design
- Liaison with Account manager and client post sale
- Kick off meeting with Project Management and end client
- Liaison with Project Management Office for client delivery
3. Solutions & Product Architecture
- Understanding market conditions and technology trends
- Product development as part of a cross functional task force
- Vendor liaison and vendor knowledge (VMware, Fortinet, Cisco, Carries, etc)
- Working with Engineering & Marketing on product marketing collateral
- Template product development for sales proposals
4. Internal Operations
- Sales force approvals
- Full company meetings
- Sales meetings
- PreSales meeting
- Project Management meetings
- Sales cover when sales personnel are unavailable
Skills & Experience
- Experience within the telco & service providers industry (networking, routing and switching)
- Leadership & vision
- Proven communication and negotiation skills
- Team player, high leave of initiative
- 5 to 10 years experience in a technical and product related areas.
- Strong ability to act as a bridge between the technical team and the sales team (Not demonstrated)
- Professional written and presentation skills
Benefits and perks
We strongly believe in work/life balance and flexibility, working hard to create an environment that is diverse, supportive, challenging and team-oriented. Here you will find yourself surrounded by a team of highly technical, customer service focused people who are passionate about online technology.
We are driven to help our customers. Within an informal, social, yet professional environment you will be fully supported with the tools you need to achieve today and develop new skills for tomorrow.
Applicants must have citizenship or permanent residency and complete a police background check.
- Do you have technical pre-sales experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.