Who we are
Tract is one of Australia's leading award-winning national design firms, bring together the disciplines of Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Town Planning and 3D media to create high quality design and innovation outcomes across our vast set of projects.
As planners and designers our charter is to deliver sustainable and memorable solutions, shaping places for living, leisure and work, and the infrastructure that supports and connects these places. We do this by harnessing the strength and diversity of our collective expertise.
With flexibility and support sought after now more than ever, Tract works with each individual to craft a working life that balances priorities, both in the office and working from home.
Tract seeks a passionate Graduate Urban Designer to join our established National team, who is enthusiastic about delivering place based, human centred projects across multiple scales.
We can offer the right person the opportunity to develop a career in a vibrant, contemporary, multi-disciplinary design environment. Collaborate and partake in internal discussions across multiple disciplines, solidifying a great work environment and ability to improve knowledge and skills across all aspects of the industry. Work on an exciting variety of projects including designing residential, recreation and tourism, civic, education, health and public realm outcomes, across the public and private sector.
The role will involve:
- Providing assistance and support on strategic design projects, including structure plans and urban design frameworks.
- Assisting with graphic inputs and client support in the private sector, working across infill development projects and master planned communities.
- Being part of the development of tender bids and EOI opportunities.
- Mentoring – work alongside our National team, learn directly from leaders in the industry.
- Professional & Career development – We help our staff formulate clear career paths, finding opportunities for growth and upskilling, and insight into our involvement in industry committees and trends.
- People-orientated environment backed by supportive teammates.
- Flexibility to work from home and in the office; we have the support to get you up and running.
- Culture – convivial and collaborative work environment with regular social activities.
- Benefits – paid parental leave, scholarships, employee assistance program, wellbeing program and mentor program.
- Contemporary office with sweeping city and river views and a lush private outdoor terrace designed by Tract’s talented Landscape Architecture team.
- Ride to work with state-of-the-art end of trip facilities, or Flinders Street Station just across the bridge in our perfect Southbank location.
We are looking for a Graduate Urban Designer or Graduating Student who:
- Holds a recognised tertiary qualification or is looking to graduate from a relevant design or planning discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning).
- Has experience working in a professional consultancy or similar (anywhere up to 2 years’ experience ideal).
- Can demonstrate an understanding of best practice urban design.
- Thrives working as part of a team, is self-motivated and is comfortable undertaking self-directed work.
- Understands the importance of delivering project outputs on time and within budget.
- Has demonstrated design, graphic, verbal and written communication skills.
Has demonstrated experience with CAD, SketchUp and Rhino and the Adobe Suite. (MicroStation would be advantageous, but non-essential)
Interested? Send your application via SEEK.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.