The Internet of Energy Network (IOEN) is a not for profit organization that uses a new digital currency and open-source protocols to build scalable Software-Defined Grids®. IOEN’s mission is to develop and connect minigrids around the world by providing the finance, open-source support tools, and integration capabilities to create agent-centric minigrids.
The IOEN Token uses the best of blockchain and Holochain technologies to support grid needs locally and globally, enabling financing and rapid exchange of energy value across household devices, like washing machines and air conditioners. When devices work together to balance their energy use, this results in a more stable grid and allows more renewable energy to be used. IOEN is powered by RedGrid, a leading decentralised software energy technology company in Australia (www.redgrid.io).
About the role
IOEN is looking for a seasoned Partnerships and Business Development manager to secure high-value partnerships across the crypto and traditional industries. You will collaborate and engage with new partners, support existing partners, and identify projects looking to adopt IOEN’s technology. You will be highly motivated, versatile, and have experience growing organisations from the ground up. This is an exciting opportunity in a new and emerging space that spans multiple industries, markets and geographies.
You’ll be joining an exceptional team on this exciting journey to transform the energy sector.
What you’ll be working on
● Create a partnership philosophy with a focus on open, honest, and authentic relationships that strive to deliver mutual benefit.
● Research and identify new business and partnership opportunities.
● Execute Partners & BD pipeline and coordinate with the CEO on business requirements.
● Develop relationships with stakeholders and projects in the IOEN ecosystem.
● Source leads and close deals for current and future partnership programs.
● Be insight-driven and distil the priorities and focus for the team to move forward with partners on a tactical level.
● Provide leadership and direction in relation to team capability and structure, and budgets.
Experience and skills
● 2+ years of experience in a Sales/BD role at a crypto project OR 4+ years of experience in a Sales/BD or related role.
● Strong knowledge of how business development and partnerships work in crypto.
● Located in the Australian time zone - AEST - OR able to work remotely during similar hours.
● Engaging and collaborative leader with a passion for getting the best out of people and teams.
● The ability to take technical concepts and make them understandable to the newer members of the IOEN community.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to autonomously execute high-quality work under tight deadlines.
● Excellent negotiation skills.
● Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations/environments.
● Well-developed presentation and public speaking skills.
Really nice if you have
● An existing network in the holo-chain community is a big plus.
● Good understanding of Holochain and how it can connect to new and existing DeFi projects.
● Entrepreneurial, tenacious, and competitive work ethic.
● Based in Melbourne, Australia. Not essential and international applicants in a similar time zone are encouraged to apply.
Why work with IOEN
● Work with a mission-driven tech startup that’s making a positive impact on the planet.
● A supportive team and work environment.
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● Access to a network of incredible clients and partners.
● Huge potential to grow with us.
● We prioritise work/life balance and promote flexibility to ensure our team’s wellbeing.
● We are building the operating system of the future clean energy world. Be a part of that journey.
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com using the subject line: IOEN BD Manager. Applications close September 28, 2021. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.