- Be part of a Senior Management Team committed to helping women
- Leading Not for Profit Tier 1 specialist housing provider
- Surry Hills location, dedicated and supportive culture
- Full time or part time (4 days)
The Women’s Housing Company (WHC) is going through an exciting phase of growth and is looking to appoint a Business Systems Manager to support the organisation’s expansion.
The WHC provides housing and homelessness services to women across Sydney, the Hunter, and Coffs Harbour. It is a Tier 1 Community Housing Provider, registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing, is a company limited by guarantee, and operates as a registered charity.
Find out more about the work we do: https://womenshousingcompany.org.au
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated Business Systems Manager who can effectively manage and continuously improve business and I.T. systems so that they are agile and fit for purpose. The role is responsible for the development and implementation of best practice policies and processes to ensure that staff has access to the business systems, support, training, and equipment they need to meet the organisation’s goals. We are looking for an exceptional candidate that can deliver at a strategic level, while also being comfortable to “roll up their sleeves” and attend to operational details.
Our ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, with a track record of building and nurturing strong relationships with staff, suppliers and other stakeholders. You will be skilled in challenging the status quo, influencing stakeholders, and will have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify, analyse and project-manage the development, implementation, and change management of new system initiatives that will deliver business improvements
- Support the continuous improvement of business systems by documenting requirements for major system enhancements, testing upgrades and fixes, and project managing the implementation of those enhancements for the business
- Ensure systems meet the needs of the organisation by undertaking system security, maintenance, and licensing
- Ensure the effective use and availability of business systems for new and existing users through the timely support and resolution of any system-related issues and working with external system providers and their help desks
- Ensure compliance with licensing and registration obligations by ensuring a commitment to quality and ensuring all activities are conducted in accordance with the relevant requirements
- Support efficient and effective operations through the procurement of IT equipment and providing support for the WHC’s intranet and internet sites
- Support efficient operations by managing office facilities, supplies, and equipment and ensuring a value for money outcome in related contracts and procurement.
The Business Systems Manager role reports to the Chief Financial and Corporate Services Officer and works closely with all members of WHC’s senior management team. The position has one direct report, being an Administration Officer, who supports business administration across the organisation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT, Business Systems, Business or similar
- Experience leading the implementation, enhancement, and day to day use of integrated business systems
- Experience and proven success in leading change management
- Experience in developing and documenting procedures
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills across intersecting business areas
- Experience in the use of a business intelligence tool (such as Power BI)
- Advanced skills in relevant Microsoft Office and business system applications
- Mandatory National Police Check
- Driver’s license is desirable
- Female applicants only*
As well as being a great opportunity to further your career, you will enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and NFP salary packaging, including meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible working arrangements to support your work-life balance
- Independent confidential counselling service
- Long service leave accessible after 5 years
- Ongoing commitment to Learning and Development
- Surry Hills office, located a short 5-minute walk from Central Station
*Please note that the Women’s Housing Company Limited has been granted an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and therefore we are seeking applications from suitably qualified females only
APPLY NOW! Please send in a covering letter outlining your experience and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For confidential enquiries, or to request a copy of the position description, please contact Emma Bonehill at the same email address.
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Business Systems Manager?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.