Be a part of a leading Child and Family Health Program to deliver quality health and wellbeing services to families with children.
Gidgee provides a broad range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the Mount Isa and Lower Gulf region. Gidgee Healing is proud to have a multidisciplinary team of health professionals that includes GPs, Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Allied Health professionals, Maternal and Child Health; and visiting Medical Specialists. Gidgee Healing also provides a range of support and wellbeing services, as the lead agent for both headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service, as well as the Family Wellbeing Service and Social and Emotional Wellbeing services. More recently, Gidgee Healing has expanded its service delivery into the Aged Care sector in Doomadgee (Ngooderi House), Mornington Island (Kuba Natha Hostel) and Normanton (Kukatja Place).
The Maternal and Child Health Nurse reports to the Manager Maternal and Child Health and is part of the Health Services team. This position has a requirement for travel to remote communities. The Maternal and Child Health Nurse is responsible for the delivery of culturally appropriate women’s antenatal and postnatal care and provide child health and education services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and babies/children within the designated service area.
- Child Health Nurse/Current Registered RN through the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Immunisation endorsement
- Demonstrated clinic experience, in particular the ability to implement and support a medical/primary health care team and effectively plan, and coordinate own and teams workload to achieve results.
- Ability to demonstrate good clinical skills
- An ability to communicate and empathise with Aboriginal people
- Understanding of the principles of primary health care
- Ability to work with a wide variety of professionals and the public, as part of a team
- An ability to liaise and work with local communities and relevant Government and non
- Government organisations
- Ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team and understand the Cycle of care Patient system
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Demonstrated competence in use of Business Technology, internet and desktop applications; e.g. outlook, word, spreadsheet and database packages.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential
- Satisfactory police check – no serious Criminal/Court record
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, including the requirement to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click APPLY and submit your application by COB Friday 8th October
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.