- Be part of a Senior Management Team committed to helping women
- Leading Not for Profit Tier 1 specialist housing provider
- Surry Hills location, dedicated and supportive culture
- Full time or part time (4 days)
The Women’s Housing Company (WHC) is going through an exciting phase of growth, resulting in various newly created positions to support the organisation’s expansion. The Risk and Compliance Manager is one of these exciting opportunities. This is a newly created position, where you will have the opportunity to build processes and procedures and contribute to a culture of compliance and performance.
The WHC provides housing and homelessness services to women across Sydney, the Hunter and Coffs Harbour. It is a Tier 1 Community Housing Provider, registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing, is a company limited by guarantee and operates as a registered charity.
Find out more about the work we do: https://womenshousingcompany.org.au
What we’re looking for:
As an integral part of the Finance and Corporate Services Team, the Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring WHC’s contractual, regulatory and legislative obligations are met. This position will coordinate and in some cases will develop risk management, internal audit, regulatory compliance, accreditation/registration, and assurance functions.
The role reports directly to the Chief Financial and Corporate Services Officer, however, it also provides advice to and supports the Senior Management Team.
We’re looking for a Risk and Compliance professional with at least 3 years of experience with risk frameworks and compliance management, preferably within the not-for-profit sector. You will also have a track record of working collaboratively, have excellent communication, and well-honed relationship management and influencing skills.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Actively administer the Risk Management Framework, promote risk awareness and ensure compliance
- Ensure the WHC maintains compliance with regulatory requirements such as the Residential Tenancy Act and maintains its Tier 1 Registration status and other accreditations
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations for funding and property leases
- Assist Property Services team to comply with the asset management framework
- Manage, monitor and adjust contractor obligations
- Drive best practice WHS methods for client-facing roles
- Build and administer an internal audit program
- Review, develop and recommend policies and/or procedures
- Collaborate with the Board’s Audit and Risk Committee and the Senior Management Team to support the WHC in maintaining compliance with relevant legislation and licenses
- Manage the corporate insurances
- Manage, review and update the Business Continuity Plan
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in law, business, commerce, &/or Risk Management
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management and influencing skills
- At least 3 years experience with risk and compliance management, risk frameworks, and/or internal audit
- Knowledge of Australian Standards for Risk and Compliance Management
- Experience with relevant software
- Mandatory National Police Check
- Driver’s license is desirable
- Female applicants only*
As well as being a great opportunity to further your career in the Community Housing Sector, you will enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and NFP salary packaging, including meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible working arrangements to support your work-life balance
- Independent confidential counseling service
- Long service leave accessible after 5 years
- Ongoing commitment to Learning and Development
- Surry Hills office, located a short 5-minute walk from Central Station
*Please note that the Women’s Housing Company Limited has been granted an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and therefore we are seeking applications from suitably qualified females only.
To apply for this position, please send in a covering letter outlining your experience and your resume to email@example.com For confidential enquiries, or to request a copy of the position description, please contact Emma@womenshousingcompany.org
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.