Collier & Miller is looking for a Despatch Assistant to join its busy team.
Established in 1946, Collier & Miller is a specialised business catering to agricultural, engineering, industrial and trades sectors right across Australia.
Working closely with our Despatch Officer, the Despatch Assistant works with both our Retail and Engineering Divisions to ensure the prompt delivery of customer orders.
As a key member of the sales team, the Despatch Assistant is responsible for preparing and delivering customer orders.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Liaising with customers, freight companies, and suppliers to fulfil customer orders
- Collating of customer orders as required
- Packaging of customer orders for despatch
- Delivery of customer orders to freight services, and directly to local customers
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Personal attributes and skills
The successful applicant will be customer oriented and capable with the following attributes:
- Effective English reading and writing skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Mature attitude and self-motivation
- Ability to take direction and work well under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A commitment to delivering a high standard of work
- Competent computer skills
Successful applicants will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a current class C driver’s license
- Be able to lift up to 20kgs
- Be able to use pallet jacks and trolleys
- Be available to work Saturdays and overtime as required
This role presents a chance for the right candidate to join a growing business with plenty of opportunity for career progression.
Remuneration is negotiable based on experience and skills.
How to apply
If this role sounds right for you, apply now via the below link.
Please ensure you attach an application letter, a resume and other supporting documentation as part of your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.