New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer
- Cutting-edge, award-winning medical imaging technology
- Highly collaborative and agile work environment
- Grow with the Business as it itself grows.
A global disrupter and award-winner in medical imaging technology, Cylite’s innovative HP-OCT® product range is redefining how optometrists, ophthalmologists and researchers detect and treat eye disease with its patented technology. With customers across USA, Europe and Australia, we’re looking to rapidly scale our product offering and production capabilities. To support this growth, we’re looking to hire a New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer to help us roll out our next generation product and improve our manufacturing processes to enable high volume manufacturing.
About the role
As the New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the Engineering and Production teams to transform advanced prototypes into New Products. You will identify design improvements to optimise manufacturability, ease of assembly and serviceability, define manufacturing equipment, and develop stable build processes and work instructions to achieve our high-quality product requirements.
Reporting to the NPI Manager, the role’s key responsibilities include:
- Developing, testing, validating, and documenting new processes for the assembly of new products and subsystems.
- Optimising the assembly processes, jigs, tools, and equipment needed to achieve target production throughput, increase yields and ensure high levels of product quality are achieved.
- Actively identifying problems in manufacturing, and co-ordinating resources to conduct root causes analyses and provide both immediate containments and long-term solutions.
- Analysing, implementing, and monitoring design changes to existing products in accordance with Engineering Change Control Processes.
- Actively participating in new product design reviews with a focus on Design for Assembly, Manufacturability, Serviceability, and Reliability.
Interfacing across the business, you'll work in a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment at our design and production facility in Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct at Notting Hill.
- Demonstrable experience with design, development, and manufacture of complex precision part assemblies, including familiarity with metal, optical, electronic, plastic, and composite parts.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the business, including Production and Engineering. Able to build urgency and credibly lead discussions on implementation of new designs.
- A tertiary degree qualification in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Experience executing and implementing configuration changes within a change management system.
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work autonomously and drive those around you to achieve deadlines in a rapidly-evolving scale-up environment.
Ideally you will also have experience with:
- Design or development of high-precision opto-mechanical or electronic products.
- LEAN, Six Sigma, and/or 5S process engineering and/or process development.
- Alignment, bonding and UV cure processing of optical components.
- Understanding of Verification and Validation processes under ISO13485
Join the team
This is a newly created role, perfect for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and progress their career in one of Australia's fastest growing Medical Technology companies. We are a diverse team who deliver our product to customers worldwide. We are looking for people who enjoy working in an innovative environment and on products that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
If this sounds like you, please apply with an up-to-date copy of your resume including a cover letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia. Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex, and genders.
Cylite thanks all applicants submitting their interest for this role however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a New Product Introduction Engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.