Equilibrium is an exceptional independent digital experience agency, working with high-profile organisations across the state and beyond to deliver innovative digital products and experiences across large-scale web, app and digital marketing projects.
Fusing strategic thinking, agile delivery and mature processes we encourage and empower clients to think bigger, reach further and believe in better.
We're looking for an exceptional Design Director to join our team. You’ll be a hands-on creative and design leader playing an essential role in creating world-class digital products and experiences. You’ll work collaboratively with a talented team of UX/UI designers, strategists, department leads and commercial partners. We’ll look to you to ensure creative strategy, design execution and innovative thinking takes our work to the next level.
Reporting to Head of Strategy, your responsibilities will be to:
- Own and drive all aspects of design and creative-based output leading the team by example.
- Champion creativity, design thinking and digital brand leadership.
- Strategically apply creative problem solving and innovative thinking to enhance user-experience.
- Develop and refine processes that drive exceptional design and creative output and support a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Generate ideas that spark excitement and movement, are insight-driven and build unforgettable brand experiences.
- Lead, inspire and empower a multidisciplinary creative team at all levels to produce exceptional work.
- Establish, deliver and maintain exceptional design standards where near enough, isn’t good enough.
- Build trust-based relationships with all internal teams and our commercial partners by working flexibly, proactively and collaboratively.
- Inspire and educate clients with ideas grounded in business strategy that demonstrate how creativity can positively impact their business and support strong ROI.
- Build a brilliant design team through savvy hiring, ongoing mentorship and encouraging team members to own their work.
- Be able to present your work effectively and communicate the reasoning and rationale that underpins it.
- Where necessary, prepare ‘end-to-end’ client ready presentation decks and provide input into business development strategies.
- Articulate and communicate a clear point-of-view around creative and design thought leadership.
- Drive our own internal brand strategy.
Who we are looking for
You will be a creative and design professional who works calmly under pressure, is great at multitasking and maintains a positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times. You will have experience leading visual designers, UX designers, copywriters, content editors and creative freelancers, as well as influencing non-creative teams. You will also possess:
- Have solid advertising or digital agency experience with experience in digital campaign development, website and mobile app design.
- Substantial experience working within an agency or consultancy environment in a senior creative role, preferably at a managerial-level working with digital project teams in a client-facing environment.
- Be passionate about creating solutions for user needs identified through research.
- Be ambitious and entrepreneurial, excited about the opportunity to grow the business.
- Have exceptional communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both written and verbal to multiple audiences including C-Suite.
- Be passionate about pixel perfect design and staying abreast of design trends and emerging technologies, investing in personal growth and development.
- Understand how individual projects fit into the wider strategic and business goals for the agency, and prioritise workflows accordingly (resourcing, budget, profitability).
We offer a fun and stimulating working environment where innovation, teamwork, collaboration and accountability are highly prized. We invest in our team and culture, seeing each team member as an integral part of our success whilst keeping a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle.
We’re located on King Street, next door to Perth's best bars and cafes making lunch time, coffee breaks and after work drinks hard to beat.
This role will offer:
- A competitive salary
- Exciting projects with a genuine focus on innovation.
- Participation in an organisation-wide bonus incentive program.
- An expert team of co-workers who are passionate and genuinely care about what they do.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Active social committee with regular fun events.
- An amazing blue-chip client base including:
Lotterywest, Woodside, FringeWorld, Keystart, Western Power, Horizon Power, INPEX Australia, Independent Living Australia, Murdoch University, Summit Homes, Scitech, City of Perth, LWP Property Group, Landgate, VenuesWest, DFES and REIWA, to name just a few.
If you would like to be part of our high performing team, working on exciting projects then we'd love to hear from you. PLEASE NOTE: we will not consider applicants who do not submit a portfolio.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.