AJF are looking for an Account Director to join the team!
Leading the team on one of Australia's most iconic retail brands, the Account Director will be a critical leadership position both in the agency and in the eyes of the client. This person will be a strategic, passionate and thoughtful team member who is unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions. The Account Director will be commercially and creatively astute, prepared to share credit and shoulder difficulties. They will be good at evaluating creative work and able to give and receive feedback to support its development. The Account Director will take responsibility for the delivery of quality creative work that meets the client's needs and addresses their business problems, and must champion the work. They will do so through the effective management of the team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. They will likely also be involved in new business. The Account Director will report into the Client Partner and will manage a team of 6 others whom they will be accountable for in terms of performance and professional growth opportunities.
Specifically the Account Director will work with:
- Internal: Agency account team, including planners/strategists; Creative teams and directors; Creative services and production staff; New business team; Finance/accounts
- External: Client marketing team, including Marketing Director; Other agencies in the client roster; Research and tracking
The Account Director will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Client Partner in leading the account and being responsible for the client/agency relationship
- Working with planners to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop creative briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way
- Ensuring profitability and growth
- Identifying, developing and converting proactive opportunities for the client based on an understanding of their business
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams and those in other agencies working on the same account
- Reporting key financial and team data to the Client Partner
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting the account, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
- Able to lead and inspire a team, the wider agency, clients, and other external partners
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
Excellent organisational, negotiation and leaderships skills
- An intimate understanding of creative, strategic and production process
Exceptional communication skills - written, verbal, negotiation and presentation
- A focus and energy for creating effective work and strong initiative to foresee issues, internal bottlenecks, client feedback;
- A collaborative approach to working with Planning, Creative, Digital, Social, Production, Media partners and importantly the client
- Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions
- Commercially astute
- Responsible and accountable for their own and others' work, delegating effectively to balance a varied and demanding workload
- Prepared to share credit and shoulder difficulties
- Focused on the personal and professional development of their team to optimise their combined performance
- Good at evaluating creative work; able to give and receive feedback to support its development
- You will be knowledgeable and passionate about your client's business, and where and how advertising contributes to its success
If this sounds like you, hit APPLY NOW.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.