Samaritans is a not-for-profit organisation who for over 30 years has been offering support to those in need.
headspace Taree will provide a unique setting for clients and staff, offering a relaxed environment for young people and their families.
Work alongside a team of clinicians, primary health staff & counsellors providing therapeutic services to young people 12 – 25 years in the areas of: mental health, drug and alcohol, primary health and educational and vocational services.
Contract to 30th June 2023
Role may be required to provide services in outreach locations.
Working within a multidisciplinary team at our Taree Centre, providing initial intake and assessment and brief interventions of young people accessing headspace Taree to engage in ongoing counselling, treatment and support. You will develop and maintain appropriate referral pathways and work with other services in the local service system to support and advocate for the young people aged 12 – 25 years and provide therapeutic intervention, group work and community awareness activities to young people and service providers as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
With experience in assessment, intervention and evaluation of clinical outcomes with diverse client populations, you will have a network of resources and community services. You will have experience and knowledge of psychological practice in the areas of Child, Adolescent and Family clinical services, as well as a well-developed knowledge of diverse cultures and community needs.
You are passionate about advocating on behalf of young people, use your excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with all of your stakeholders, have a genuine appreciation for the importance of documentation, and can work independently as well as being a valued member of the team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social work, Psychology, Nursing or Occupational Therapy;
- A demonstrated understanding of mental health issues affecting young people and their families and carers; best practice treatment options; support services; and co-morbidities;
- Demonstrated skills and understanding in working with young people experiencing mental health issues and their families to assess strengths and needs, develop treatment plans collaboratively, and support young people to engage in services at difficult times in their lives;
- Valid NSW Driver’s License, Senior First Aid Certificate, NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working with Children Check
Our team are the heart of what we do here at Samaritans. As a part of the Samaritans team, you have access to the following great benefits:
- Progressive organisation with a focus on advocacy and social justice
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Family friendly, flexible working hours
- Fitness Passport corporate gym membership
- The opportunity to work within an innovative, collaborative team environment
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Please include your cover letter addressing the essential criteria, and your resume.
Samaritans promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia
No third-party applications
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.