Paediatric, Medical and Surgical Wards
Multiple Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
Base Salary + Salary Packaging + Novated Leasing
Mildura Base Public Hospital is a 172-bed (level 1) tertiary teaching hospital, offering services to both public and private patients providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
The hospital is a major public referral service for the Northern Mallee region providing services to approximately 80,000 people, treating over 20,000 inpatients and triaging more than 33,000 emergency attendees, and 850 births.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of our community by providing quality health services, with care, compassion and skill, genuinely recognising that to deliver quality care starts at the top of the organisation and is reflected in every staffing cohort.
About the Role:
Mildura Base Public Hospital is currently undergoing a great period of change with the opening of our new Paediatric Ward. This change has required the reconfiguration of MBPH’s Paediatric, Medical and Surgical Wards, providing experienced Registered Nurses and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses with an exciting opportunity to join our nursing team.
We are looking for Registered Nurses and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses who have the capacity to work in a vibrant and dynamic team environment, who share the same ambition of our hospital to provide the highest quality care for our patients.
As a registered Nurse, you will have AHPRA registration, a, possess extensive clinical skills and experience within the medical field (preferably 2 years clinical nursing experience. You will have the ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of the patient. You must be available for a mixture of shifts, which will include weekdays, lates, nights, weekends and public holidays.
In addition, you will also have:
- an understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- a focus on time management and great communication skills
- Focus on patient centred care
Benefits of working for MBPH:
- Salary Packaging (pay less tax!)
- Professional development opportunities to help you build your career
- Be Part of a supportive team
- Location! Mildura is a regional hub which provides an excellent a lifestyle that will support your career. Check out www.visitmildura.com.au
- Hospital Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
These roles will provide job security and flexible working hours to support your wellbeing. MBPH provides a work environment that embraces professional development and supports staff to maximize growth through internal and external education opportunities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description and to find out more about our wonderful Hospital, visit www.mbph.org.au
Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an Employee working with children’s check and undertake immunisation screening prior to commencement.
Close Date: 16 October 2021
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.