The Grounds of Alexandria is excited that we get to reopen our doors to our wonderful guests and teams in the coming weeks. We are setting up for success and looking to expand our current team of creative, fantastic Chefs!
Based at The Grounds of Alexandria site, we are looking for driven and passionate Chefs looking to take the next step in their career. We have senior, and junior positions available, all with flexible working hours and the opportunity to add to the magic at The Grounds!
Who are we?
Established in 2012, The Grounds brings one of the most unique, creative and iconic Hospitality Groups to Sydney. Our Goal? ‘To create the most beautiful venues the world has ever seen’
Here at The Grounds of Alexandria, we work with some of the most creative and innovative minds in the business and we encourage a unique entrepreneurial mindset, intelligence that is based on insight and the desire to understand our customers, so we can create the most innovative ideas, to surprise and delight them in everything we do.
Our team in the Kitchens is the key ingredient to providing magical moments to every guest that sits down with us or orders to enjoy at home. The beauty of our food is unrivalled and the memories we create with taste, exceptional.
Who are you?
Specifically seeking an experienced Chef de Partie, but open to applications of all levels, we are looking to recruit passionate, experienced, and motivated Chefs. We already have 5 kitchens, with more on the way, and each space is unique and different, which means we have flexibility around the roles on offer as well as the opportunity to create and innovate as you grow with the company!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with and take direction from Head/Sous Chefs.
- Assist Head and Executive chefs in the development of new dishes and menus.
- Run and supervise any kitchen section to the required standards set by management.
- Responsible for orders and maintaining good stock and waste control.
- Responsible for the preparation and production of all dishes.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of foods are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place are freshly prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure the adequacy of supplies at cooking stations.
- Assist in the training of junior and apprentice chefs.
- Ensure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food. preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door.
- Working in an incredible, collaborative environment
- Be part of a Hospitality Market Leader, offering job stability
- Individual growth & development
- Excellent work-life balance/ flexible roster
If you want to be part of a growing business and are motivated to succeed in your established field, apply today and send across your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the volume of applicants we cannot guarantee a call to discuss your experience, so don't be afraid to catch our eye, express yourself and have fun with it - we can't wait to hear from you!
All applicants are required to have full working rights to work in Australia, & sponsorship is a possibility for the right applicant.
Salary offered is dependent on experience, plus superannuation
The Grounds are an equal opportunity employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience as a chef in a high volume restaurant?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.