Security Operations - Network Engineer
About the business
Over The Wire is an ASX listed provider of corporate-grade Telecommunications, Cloud and IT Solutions throughout Australia. Over the Wire has approximately 300 full-time employees and is headquartered in Brisbane, with additional offices in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and most recently New Zealand.
Over the Wire offers our clients the following integrated suite of products and services to the mid-market:
- Data Networks and Internet
- Cloud and Managed Services
- Data Centre Co-Location and hosted services
Our purpose is to simplify technology to empower business. We love the challenge of turning complex technology environments into solutions for our customers. Our customers' success is our success. We grow when our customers grow. We take tech problems out of the way so our customers can get on with what they are good at.
About the role
The Security Team is responsible for the overall security posture, security architecture, policy and governance within corporate and the operations division. The team works closely with the day-to-day operations teams to ensure all security elements are aligned with our security strategy.
The role will be responsible for operating and supporting network security within Over the Wire and will be the security liaison with the operational team. As a security team representative, you will provide feedback to any potential security risks and you will also assist with support to fill the gap between the security team the operations teams.
1. Ensure secure design, implementation and management of firewalls, cloud and network infrastructure
2. Perform firewall engineering functions including design, implementation, and optimisation in a large enterprise environment.
3. Provide in-depth analysis on existing firewalls and security architecture and make recommendations for system enhancements.
4. Analyse, develop, enhance, secure and test complex firewall designs.
5. Represent established security standards and policies to the broader firewall management group
6. With the assistance of security architecture and engineering, interpret complex security policies and design new firewall standard operating procedures.
7. Assist with defining, prioritising, coordinating Internal Security Incident Response.
8. Be an escalation point for coordinating and oversight of client related Security Incident Response.
9. Be a point of escalation for network security related incidents. Be able to troubleshoot, analyse and respond to security alerts accordingly. Work alongside the operational teams to address the alerts accordingly.
10. Be responsible for network vulnerability management including software patching.
11. Support other teams in the assist in the development, rollout and supporting of security tools/methodologies/policies.
Skills and experience
1. Extensive Fortinet experience in large scale deployments
- Particularly Fortigate firewalls, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
2. Solid understanding of firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco or equivalent firewall technologies.
3. Demonstrated experience within network security particularly enterprise firewall support.
4. Understanding of network protocols commonly used in a large enterprise and how they relate to Firewall configuration.
5. Solid experience with vulnerability management tools such as Rapid7.
6. MPLS, BGP/routing experience.
7. Experience with data analytical tools such as FortiSIEM, Rapid7 and API integration would be highly regarded.
8. Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO27001.
9. Exposure to high level programming languages such as Powershell or Python.
We strongly believe in work/life balance and flexibility, working hard to create an environment that is diverse, supportive, challenging and team-oriented. Here you will find yourself surrounded by a team of highly technical, customer service focused people who are passionate about online technology. We are driven to help our customers. Within an informal, social, yet professional environment you will be fully supported with the tools you need to achieve today and develop new skills for tomorrow.
All applicants must have working rights in Australia and agree to complete a police background check.
Over the Wire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit your cover letter and CV via the “Apply Now” button
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Security Operations Role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.