Who we are
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and surrounds since 1927. Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105 bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services. 2020 has seen Mercy Health Queensland join forces under one Mission. The merger with North, Central and South East Queensland allows a single collective network to bring great benefit for Queenslanders by collaborating the organisation’s state-wide expertise and services.
About the role
We are seeking dynamic and adaptable Registered Nurses and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses who will be motivated by a challenging and fast paced environment. We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the team within our Perioperative Unit. Hours are Monday to Friday with some on-call responsibilities. Full-time, part-time, and casual positions are available.
As a Nurse within our Perioperative unit you will provide patient-centred nursing care in collaboration with other health professionals to ensure safe, efficient and effective management of the patient. You are responsible for the effective delivery of clinical care, and will work collaboratively within a professional team environment to provide excellent care to patients. Specialty areas include Recovery, Anaesthetic, and Scrub/Scout.
Opportunities for professional development are available across the Mater Queensland network.
Salary range for Registered Nurses: $36.14 - $46.45 per hour commensurate with experience (+ 25% loading for casuals).
Salary range for Enrolled Nurses: $30.96 - $33.30 per hour commensurate with experience (+ 25% loading for casuals).
The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
To be successful in your application you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (no restrictions);
- Previous experience in an acute care perioperative setting (preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team;
- Basic computer skills;
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Corporate Discounts
- Health and Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Part of Mater Health Queensland
Take your career to the next level by experiencing working in our not-for-profit, values-driven hospital, with a deep connection to our local and regional community. Join our growing team as we build the future of Mater.
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Mackay vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Hazel Douglas on Hazel.Douglas@mater.org.au during business hours.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years' experience do you have as a perioperative / surgical nurse?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.