Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 40 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 400+ team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally
Due to recent growth, our Sydney or Parramatta office is looking for a Civil Designer to join our team. Bring along your previous consulting experience and assist is significant growth as you take on a strong pipeline, working immediately on wide ranging, challenging projects.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team. Joining an industry-leading team, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Upwards of 3 to 5 years of proven experience within Engineering Consultancies
- Experience within the Built environment
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- The ability to manage multiple projects and goals at the same time, whilst working autonomously
- Understanding of local government regulatory frameworks and statuary compliance requirements
- Experience with civil design packages, Civil 3D, 12D Model and AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills - able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly in managing external consultants
- Creative problem-solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional group
Applications are managed through Seek and our website only. Please apply via this advertisement or alternatively, you can find all our available positions on our careers page at Northrop.com.au/Careers
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
At Northrop we are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions surrounding what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
In line with our commitment to Engineers Declare a Climate and Biodiversity Emergency, Northrop is committed to embedding climate action into our projects and all aspects of our operations
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.