Disability Advocacy Assistant 3 days a week WAGGA WAGGA
This is a key support position in the day to day operation of the Advocacy Team.
It will assist the Intake Coordinator, Advocacy Manager and Advocates to effectively implement advocacy programs.
The Advocacy Assistant will also work closely with the Office Manager in the day to day operations of the organisation.
The Advocacy Assistant role provides administrative support to the Intake Coordinator, Advocacy Team and the organisation more broadly. The position will work under the general direction of the Advocacy Manager in line with RDAS policy and Procedures will cover the following areas of work:
- Support the Intake Coordinator to ensure the efficiency of the client intake and referral process;
- Undertake client exit surveys on a regular basis (average of 4 per week) under the direction of the Advocacy Manager;
- Coordinate input for the RDAS quarterly newsletter, social media and ‘Info Tree’ updates; and
General administrative support as directed by the Advocacy Manager and in conjunction with the Office Manager.
An innate element of the position requires the person of access to personal information of vulnerable people including children. It is a requirement that the incumbent has a current checks.
- NDIS workers screening Check
- National Criminal Record Check and
- Victorian or NSW Working With Children Check.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assist the Coordinator in accordance with the Advocacy Practice Manual by:
- Completing ‘open/close’ supports involving referrals or other matters in IVO.
- Undertaking waitlist calls and updating client records accordingly.
- Handling some enquiry calls and booking time for Intake Coordinator follow-up where required.
- Adhoc administrative support including sending letters, scanning records and following up requested information or documentation.
- Provide support to individuals with disabilities with less complicated advocacy needs.
- Complete client exit surveys.
- Update and maintain information on Advocacy Microsoft Teams site.
- Provide administrative support to the Advocacy Team
Compile and format RDAS publications
- Maintain a high level of communication with managers and other staff
- Actively contribute ideas or concerns to facilitate continuous improvement of the RDAS services
- Respond constructively to feedback from people who use RDAS services to facilitate continuous improvement
- Attend team meetings, training and events
Attend and participate in RDAS events and activities as required
- Maintain data entry to ensure up to date records on data base/case management system in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Accurate data entry will be essential to enable service cohesion and reliability, reporting on activities and outcomes and for evaluation of the service.
- Actively participate in service evaluation processes
- Comply with all RDAS policies and procedures.
- Ensure you are able to be contacted during rostered work hours.
- Maintain client confidentiality
Submit time sheets, leave and expenses forms in a timely manner.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Qualifications and experience: qualification and/or demonstrated experience in administration and customer service
Highly developed communication skills: Effectively able to communicate with a range of individuals and agencies, writing skills, capacity to negotiate and work effectively with a range of people.
Computer skills: Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office including Excel; using databases (CMS) and extracting data for reporting purposes.
Drivers licence or demonstrated capacity to perform duties involving travel/transport.
Team member: maintain good working relationship with staff across the organisation and actively participate in the advocacy team.
Have an understanding of the community service sector and disability service including the rights of people with disabilities, role of advocacy within the disability service system including NDIS.
Personal life experience of understanding of the needs of people with disabilities and their families/carers or other diversity is an advantage.
SCHCADS Level 4; 46 hours per fortnight
PLEASE SEND US YOUR RESUME, LETTER OF APPLICATION AND ADDRESS THE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.