Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 40 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive, and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 400+ team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally
Due to the recent formation of our Illawarra & Southern Highlands Team along with growth in both of our Wollongong and Bowral offices we are looking for a Civil Designer to join our team. Bring along your previous consulting design experience and join our dynamic team assist us with significant growth as you take on a strong pipeline of project work, working immediately on a wide range of interesting and challenging civil projects.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team. Joining an industry-leading team, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience within a tier 1 and/or tier 2 Engineering Consultancy
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience of competent and independent use of civil design software packages such as Civil 3D and/or 12D Model.
- Proven experience in civil design and documentation.
- Experience designing complex multi-disciplinary strategic, concept and detailed projects with both built form and road design aspects.
- The ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time, whilst working autonomously
- Understanding, interpretation and application of industry standards.
- Creative problem-solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across multiple offices.
Applications are managed through Seek and our website only. Please apply via this advertisement or alternatively, you can find all our available positions on our careers page at Northrop.com.au/Careers
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
At Northrop we are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions surrounding what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.