Floor Manager | The Potting Shed at The Grounds of Alexandria
In 2021 being able to work amongst beauty and creativity is a must. As we start rebuilding in time to enjoy summer, the holidays and creating memorable moments for our community again, The Potting Shed at The Grounds is looking for a new Floor Manager to inspire, take care of every customer, and help to lead the team into a bright 2022.
Available for an immediate start, are you ready to rise to the challenge of a reopening, knowing the decisions you help make truly make a difference to the next phase of customer service and how The Grounds makes every moment special?
Who are we?
Established in 2012, The Grounds brings one of the most unique, creative and iconic Hospitality Groups to Sydney. Our Goal? ‘To create the most beautiful venues the world has ever seen’
Here at The Grounds of Alexandria, we work with some of the most creative and innovative minds in the business. We encourage a unique entrepreneurial mindset, intelligence that is based on insight and the desire to understand our customers, so we can create the most innovative ideas, to surprise and delight them in everything we do.
We have great plans for 2022 which we want you to be a part of; this helps us to offers the opportunity for career progression and development.
What is the role?
The role is based at The Grounds of Alexandria at The Potting Shed. The Potting Shed is an oasis providing a lunch and dinner offering to those seeking beauty and an intimate setting, away from everyday life.
The role will provide essential support to the Venue Manager and the business as we reopen our doors to the public after the hiatus across NSW. The Floor Manager will assist in coordinating the daily operations of the front-of-house activities, which includes, but is not limited to, the execution of all policies, procedures, programs, & systems, whilst maintaining a fun and upbeat team atmosphere that involves the guests in a genuine, caring nature, and promotes repeat business.
- Supervise the floor to ensure The Grounds standards and steps of service are met through all guests interactions
- Ensure staffing levels are accurate based on business needs
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift
- Maintain cleanliness of venue on a daily basis
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to staff
- Interact positively with customers promoting The Grounds facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food & beverage offerings
- Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings
- Assist the Venue Manager in interviewing, selecting, training, supervising and disciplining (where appropriate) Front of house staff
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy volume periods, serving as a role model to staff and other Grounds employees
- Ensure all standards of cash handling procedures are met
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely manner
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role with floor/staff management.
- Proven experience in an assistant managerial role with effective, ‘Hands-on’ approach spent predominantly out on the floor assisting front of house staff.
- Experience in all elements and execution of opening and closing a venue/restaurant.
- Customer-focused - passionate about interacting and building rapport with guests.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A genuine desire to learn and grow with us.
- Have strong people management and communication skills.
- Advocate of training and development of staff.
- Thrive on creating a strong work culture.
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends, and public holidays, as required.
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team, the benefits of an established business, and creating an unforgettable experience for staff and customers alike.
If this sounds like you, you sound fabulous! Send your CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the link.
The Grounds is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this role is a full-time, permanent role & does not offer sponsorship. It will remain live until all positions are filled.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience preparing work rosters?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.