Australian Paramedical College is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education in pre-hospital care. We are proud to deliver in-demand industry skills to grow and support Australia’s healthcare network.
We go above and beyond to ensure the quality of our graduating students, who go on to become leaders in their industry, working as private sector medics, patient transport officers or continuing further University study to become state paramedics.
We have nationwide reach across both students and industry employer partners and our expansive and high-quality training facilities, student support and training teams are unmatched in the sector.
We strive to innovate and use evidence-based data to ensure we deliver industry-leading training and outstanding support to our students.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate trainer to join our growing team! This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding facilitator to support and deliver a high-quality learning experience for our students across the three main qualifications offered by Australian Paramedical College.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver practical and theory-based lectures via face-to-face intensive clinical workshops in our state-of-the-art training facility located in Burleigh Heads, and across other states as required
- Mark theory-based online assessment and providing timely feedback to students
- Deliver online learning and proactive student support through virtual trainer chats, online student discussion groups, and 1-on-1 student conversations
- Engage and actively participate in our systematic student assessment activities, providing feedback and advice to identify areas for improvement
- Identify and contribute to reasonable adjustments for online training and assessment as required to support student training and assessment outcomes
- Identify and contribute to required improvements in written learning materials
- Attend and participate in regular APC professional development activities as required
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate:
- Industry qualifications: Bachelor of Paramedicine and/or HLT51015 Diploma of Paramedical Science.
- Teaching qualifications: TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and/or TAE 50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or the ability to obtain (subsidised)
- Current workplace experience in a pre-hospital emergency health care setting and the ability to maintain clinical pre-hospital care competencies.
- Training and education experience preferably in the Vocational Education and Training sector
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to provide high-quality feedback to students
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and coordinate with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external)
- Competent with technology and computers
- Ability to adapt to adjusting plans and priorities
- A collaborative personality who enjoys working in a team environment
- Attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Honesty, integrity, and a positive approach
- Willingness to travel interstate (as required)
- Current Queensland driver's licence
What we offer
Along with a generous salary offering, you will be joining a team of industry professionals who take a student-centric approach in shaping Australia's healthcare industry, with an innovative market leader.
You will enjoy:
- A fantastic coastal location working in a state-of-the-art facility
- A diverse, friendly, and flexible working environment
- Genuine appreciation of work/life balance
- Open and effective stakeholder collaboration
- A focus on quality work, and commitment to continuous improvement raising the bar in education for pre-hospital care
- Quarterly staff celebrations and awards, annual events, table tennis and more!
If you believe that you meet the criteria and you are ready to join our awesome team, then apply today!
To learn more about Australian Paramedical College, visit https://apcollege.edu.au/
Thank you for considering APC, we look forward to reviewing your application. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Australian Paramedical College is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all applications. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment.
Australian Paramedical College (Industry Pathways Pty Ltd, RTO 32513)
- Have you completed a qualification in paramedics /paramedical science?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.