Australian Clinical Labs was created through the merger of Healthscope, St John of God and Perth Pathology. Through the long term relationships with these organisations and our public hospital contracts, Clinical Labs is now the leading provider of Hospital/Specialist pathology services in Australia. We see our future in the industry as taking a leadership role in science, technology, people and process. With nearly 4,000 staff, 88 accredited pathology laboratories and over 1020 collection centres, we have a strong footprint across Australia.
Australian Clinical Labs has newly become a publicly listed organisation with strong growth aspirations, and is looking for someone who wants to help us in transitioning to a market leader. Clinical Labs is currently seeking an Area Manager/Customer Service Manager for the Collections Department located across the Greater Darwin Region to supervise and direct the day to day operations of our Collection Centres, as well as assisting support the needs of our customers.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to further their career by taking up this permanent position. Ideally you would have a Health related background with extensive leadership experience and the ability to drive change. If you are looking to advance your career and have strong leadership, time management and organisations skills, this may be the opportunity for you.
Position Duties Include;
- Rostering, performance monitoring compliance and meeting service standards
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and employment of collection centre staff
- Provide training and ongoing support for employees as the first point of reference for collection staff
- Identify training needs and ongoing competency assessment of collection staff
- Liaise closely with Business Development and Laboratory Managers regarding opportunities relevant to your area
- Ensure active involvement in the operational set up of any new collection centres
- Monitor and supervise work performance of all staff taking corrective action as required
- To be able and willing to work flexibly, including weekends and after hours when required
- Be able to maintain a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
Required Skills and Qualifications;
- Experience working in Pathology Specimen Collections/Nursing desirable but not necessary
- Proven change management and leadership skills
- Previous management of a remote work force
- Valid Driver’s Licence with reliable transportation
- Strong computer skills, exceptional customer service skills and telephone manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with referring Doctors, patients and other stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate sound organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with WH&S policies and guidelines to maintain a safe & healthy workplace
This role will be challenging and will help you to grow your organisational, supervisory and customer service skills. Whilst the role requires you to work autonomously, you will be provided support by the Collections Manager SA/NT and the Chief Executive Officer SA/NT.
Australian Clinical Labs is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs.
The successful applicant will be required to address the criteria above in their application.
You will be also be required to undergo probity checks as part of the recruitment process including police check and licence check. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply: Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to Eric Swayn (CEO SA/NT)
Applications Close: 15 October 2021
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- Do you have experience preparing work rosters?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer services manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.