Senior Project Engineer, Electrical - Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia
Doosan GridTech™ delivers innovative control and optimisation software and services to electric utilities and independent power producers, helping them turn distributed energy resources such as energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors to grid reliability and economically. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the emerging digital, distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
Doosan GridTech currently has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer - Electrical, to join our growing Australian team. In this role you will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines involved in Doosan GridTech Australia projects, including scheduling, planning, forecasting and managing of technical activities assigned to assure project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. This position can be based in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia.
Please note: only candidates with Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency will be considered for this opportunity.
We require a motivated systems engineer with experience working on utility scale electrical or distributed energy resource projects. Desired capabilities are a strong advantage. Job responsibilities and qualifications follow.
- Significant experience as a project engineer with RPEQ, CPEng, RPEng or equivalent in Secondary Systems Engineering.
- Significant experience reviewing and signing off design for one or more projects.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Technical management and supervision skills for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to provide direction to other engineers.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment with a growing team to deliver customer value.
- Ability to work with minimal administrative support.
- Willingness to travel regularly to site. (current project sites are QLD, NSW and SA). Please note required travel will be in line with state Covid-19 travel restrictions.
- Experience with energy storage system design or PV system design on a utility scale.
- Knowledge of utility equipment specifications and datasheets.
- Utility engineering experience
- Certification RPEQ, CPEng, RPEng in any state desired
- Perform systems engineering design and sign-off.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Manage contractor/supplier weekly status review meetings.
- Assist in development of the technical solution during contract negotiations.
- Evaluate product and systems risk during proposal and post-award phase; once a project is awarded support Project Managers in the transition to project delivery.
- Verify adherence to design brief at site during installation and testing phase
- Degree qualifications in Engineering
- 7+ years experience working on utility scale electrical or system engineering projects or distributed energy resource projects
- 7+ years’ design experience within an electric utility.
- Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work with cutting edge technology and contribute to Australia’s clean energy future
About Doosan GridTech
At Doosan GridTech, we believe that enduring economic growth and environmental healing start with a resilient, low-carbon power grid. We are a multi-disciplined team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage specialists. We help utility-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate, control, and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other renewable power resources.
Our battery storage experts in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and provided flexible controls for nearly 35 installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing over 320MW of capacity.
Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves power and industrial markets.
Doosan GridTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Electrical Project Engineer?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.