About the role
For more than 70 years, Mater Bundaberg has been providing excellence in health care for Bundaberg and surrounding communities. As a Catholic not-for-profit ministry of Mercy Partners, our 59 bed facility combines state-of-the-art technology with specialist clinical and nursing staff, delivering personalised healthcare that meets the highest standards. 2020 has seen Mercy Health Queensland join forces under one Mission. The merger with North, Central and South East Queensland allows a single collective network to bring great benefit for Queenslanders by collaborating the organisation’s state-wide expertise and services.
Bundaberg is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The surrounding coastline offers idyllic beachside living with the climate allowing for a relaxed lifestyle that can be enjoyed all year round.
From turtle tracks, island day trips, award winning distilleries, and being the centre known as Australia’s freshest food bowl, Bundaberg has it covered. The affordable lifestyle allows for families to flourish and offers a change to the pressures of city commutes which add to long working hours.
This role is being offered as either permanent part-time or casual.
Salary range: $46.29 - $50.21 per hour (casuals attract 25% loading) commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
What you'll be doing
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating occupational treatment appropriate to the client’s needs and conditions, and the treatment provided.
Furthermore, the Physiotherapist shall strive to maximise individual client outcomes and promote their needs within this specialised environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a highly skilled team who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care.
In order to be successful in this position, you will:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (or equivalent) with eligibility for membership with the Australian Physiotherapy Association;
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (“AHPRA”);
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, care givers and professional colleagues;
- Effective time-management and proven problem-solving skills; and
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to apply.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Bundaberg vacancies.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years' experience do you have as a physiotherapist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.