About the business
ID POP is a young, growing POP + Retail Design agency, that works across Asia Pacific with some of today's most recognisable brands. Our team prides itself as having some of the most experienced designers in the industry, who apply a proactive "can do" attitude towards all our projects, regardless of production processes, or the markets they're being deployed in.
About the role
2021 has seen growth, and we are looking for Senior POP Designers to join our team in 2021. Experienced Industrial Designers ideally with at least 5-10 years of POP experience need apply only. This is an excellent opportunity for creative individuals who are passionate about POP design and retail marketing. Our work is diverse and takes place within a creative, city-based studio environment. Design will not be limited to one manufacturing process or material as our customers seek new and exciting conceptual ideas. Our projects range from temporary promotional POP, to semi-permanent and permanent store displays. You will be assigned projects from start to end giving you ownership of overall production and project management. The successful applicants will display a sense of confidence and motivation, whilst being focused on achieving results and seeing themselves develop inside of a growing business.
Duties will include:
- Taking briefs from the Client Services team and/or Creative Director.
- Essential - 3D Design modelling and engineering using Solidworks.
- Preferable - 3D Design rendering and visualisation using 3D Studio Max.
- Presentation layout using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Updating management daily of all WIP when required.
- Design engineering for Local + Asian production.
- Project managing Local + Asian factories and obtaining accurate + efficient results with ease.
- Obtaining quotes from factories and building quotes in our system.
- Building and testing prototypes once received from suppliers.
- Potential for Asia factory visits to conduct QC.
- Keeping a sharp eye on all in-store marketing and retail design related trends.
Benefits and perks
- Be located in a vibrant part of the city alongside other design agencies in one of Potts Point's most sort after locations. 5 mins walk from Kings Cross station, 20 mins walk from Sydney's CBD, and moments away from numerous bars, restaurants and cafes.
- Grow and develop your career as you work closely with other Industrial Designers. Be mentored working alongside experienced industry professionals. ID POP was founded by Industrial Designers and has a design focus on all projects.
A Generous salary package based on the applicant's skills and experience, with a view to rewarding those who work hard + continually strive to develop themselves and the team.
Skills and experience - The Ideal Applicant:
Creativity and attention-to-detail are your strengths. You strive to grow in your role and assist other designers. You will have a strong grasp on all manufacturing processes and preferably have experience working with offshore factories. You would have completed a degree in Industrial Design with 5-10 years of industry experience, and able to demonstrate:
- You have built skills from a related business such as another Point of Purchase (POP), Point of Sale (POS), or Advertising / Retail Marketing Agency.
- Abilities to mentor and guide younger designers as they grow in their roles.
- Experience dealing with Asian manufacturers.
- Exceptional native English communication is a must.
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of industrial design experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.