For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do.
Our vision is to build communities where there is care for the vulnerable and where each individual has the opportunity to contribute and participate fully in community life.
About the Position
Our Assistant Accountant is primarily responsible for recording a wide range of accounting transactions for the organisation. This includes the processing of customer invoices, claiming income through the NDIA portal, debt collection, processing creditor invoices and payments, bank reconciliation and maintenance of relevant records and documentation.
Working closely with the Finance Team to ensure accurate accounting of organisational income & expenses and maintaining records in a timely manner, the Assistant Accountant will also be required to liaise with relevant stakeholders across the organisation, both internal and external.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Warabrook.
- Commencement of Degree qualification in accounting/commerce (or similar) and accounts payable/receivable experience
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and work both autonomously and as part of a dynamic team
- Passion for continuous process improvement and keen interest in innovative process design to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience using a computerised accounting system
- Customer service orientation, you are goal driven and motivated to work within a fast paced and target focused environment.
Our team are the heart of what we do here at Samaritans. As a part of the Samaritans team, you have access to the following great benefits:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to Fitness Passport gym membership
- Career and development opportunities
- Payroll giving programs
- Progressive organisation with a focus on advocacy and social justice
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button. Please include your cover letter addressing the essential criteria, and your resume.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third-party applications please
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of accounting experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.