Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) is a responsive regional health service transforming under public management. Our focus is on providing a patient centred approach to care when members of our community are at their most vulnerable, and we do this through a workforce of over 1000 employees who provide care 24/7 to a catchment area of 80,000 community members.
The ICU at MBPH consists of 8 beds and is a Level 11 ICU (admitting both adult and paediatric patients) capable of providing mechanical ventilation, Renal Replacement Therapy and invasive cardiovascular monitoring for an indefinite period. ICU staff also monitor 11 Telemetry beds located across the general hospital.
Many patients accessing care in Mildura ICU have a chronic complex condition (68%). The major chronic complex conditions include Respiratory, Renal, Cardiac and Diabetes. At present, the unit operates on an open model HDU/ICU in which medical management is provided by a range of consultants. Appropriate specialty support is also available through a collaborative Telehealth model with the Alfred Hospital.
In this senior position, you will provide leadership, feedback and support to the staff within the Intensive Care Unit. You will bring extensive clinical skills and management experience within the nursing field and demonstrated leadership, people and conflict management skills, together with attention to detail and continuous improvement capabilities.
In addition, you will also have:
- Post Graduate Qualification in Critical Care
- Previous and recent experience in a management role within an appropriate health care organisation
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate a clinical services team providing strong strategic direction and positive leadership
- a focus on time management and good communication skills
- knowledge of legislative requirements and relevant professional practice
- demonstrated awareness of current issues and trends in clinical practice
- exceptional interpersonal skills
- positive self-awareness and with a caring and nurturing personality
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an Employee working with children’s check and undertake immunisation screening prior to commencement.
For a copy of the position description and to find out more about our wonderful Hospital, please visit www.mbph.org.au or find us on Facebook.
Applications close 22 October 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Intensive Care Nurse Unit Manager?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.