SFM Marine provide a comprehensive offering of maritime support services in Western Australia, including lift and launch, boat engineering, fabrication, boat building, painting, antifouling, prop-speed vessel detailing and marine training. We pride ourselves on personalised service and employing high quality tradespeople.
The Boat Business, a part of SFM Marine, is located in North Fremantle right on the water’s edge and we offer all professional services to cater for the recreational and commercial marine industry.
Due to our continued growth within the marine industry, we are seeking to expand our marine mechanical workforce and we are looking to find marine technicians that share the same passion and values as our existing team.
We are the Service and Repower Specialists in both Suzuki and Mercury and are supported by a wealth of knowledge of over 40 years in the marine industry,
If you are ready to grow professionally, our specialist team is inviting like-minded individuals to step up and rise to the challenge.
About the Role
Daily duties vary from general scheduled servicing, removal of engines for major rework, installation of new engines for repower and specialised diagnostic repairs.
Variety with the work schedule changes on a day-to-day basis. Whether it’s working in the newly refurbished workshop or the potential to carry out mobile servicing within the Perth metropolitan area if required. No two days are the same!
- Carry out service, maintenance and repairs to marine petrol engines and associated components
- Use of Mercury’s CDS G3 and Suzuki’s SDS Program to record engine data and fault find
- Record relevant job details accurately and complete timesheets on a regular basis
- Participate in workshop housekeeping duties
- Provide assistance with other team members within the workshop
- Operating within OHS/WHS guidelines
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with:
- Mercury Outboards (Verado, Four-Stroke, JPO, Optimax, Two-Stroke)
- Mercruiser Inboard engines and Sterndrives.
- Suzuki Marine Outboards
- Installing/Diagnosing/Repairing 12 Volt electrical systems
- Hydraulic system repairs/installations
- New vessel Fit outs and Re-Powers
- Working independently and at times work unsupervised
- Following diagnostic procedures for mechanical/electrical faults
- Liaising with marina and boat yard staff onsite to establish any changes in job conditions
- Technical mechanical duties, eg. Gearbox, Sterndrive and Powerhead rebuilds.
- Sea-trialling vessels
- Forklift use
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the marine industry
- A Marine Mechanical Qualification
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Own Tool box and hand tools
Please apply via the link provided and we will be in touch shortly.
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Marine Technician?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.