- Lead and coordinate teams to delivery software systems
- Help build Australia’s cyber and spectrum security future
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
Consunet are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to lead a small team, providing engineering management and leadership in the development and delivery of advanced software systems.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and mentoring to the existing team and assist in delivery of defence related projects. These roles require defence domain experience and an understanding of the relevant Systems Engineering standards and principles. Consunet relies on standards to manage quality, risks, engineering processes and other organisational processes. An in depth understanding and application of the relevant standards and industry best practice is an integral part of this role.
- Understanding the development of System Engineering artefacts in accordance with relevant industry standards such as ISO 15288:2015.
- Working with the Chief Engineer, Engineering Manager, Subject Matter Experts and distributed teams on an evolving software platform solution.
- Working within a stakeholder landscape to mature, develop and adapt requirements to assist projects in achieving customer satisfaction.
- Experienced in the management of system requirements, elicitation, and development of system specifications.
- Experienced in the design and documentation of software-based systems.
- Experienced in the verification and validation of systems against their requirements.
- Proactively identify and address engineering risks and issues.
- Ability to manage, lead and mentor System Engineers within the team.
- Australian citizen (note: permanent residents or VISA holders are not eligible for this role due to Federal Government security requirements).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of systems engineering fundamentals.
- At least 3 years’ experience in systems engineering.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare (C4ISREW) or Information Warfare (IW)
- Formal engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline.
- Experience in Agile software engineering methodologies.
- Lead and providing oversight of the development and maintenance of engineering artefacts (specifications, plans, design documentation and test procedures).
- Experience in mentoring other systems engineers and other technical staff on Systems Engineering processes and practices.
- Experience in the Defence domain and knowledge in the application of ASDEFCON.
- Excellent verbal communication and advanced technical writing skills.
- Attractive remuneration
- Monthly company dinners and social activities
- Flexible working hours located in the Adelaide CBD
- Friendly culture and newly refurbished work environment
- A workplace culture that supports innovation, quality, and a work-life balance
- Personalised training and development for employees to develop their skill set for career progression
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh and Canberra. This role is located in the Adelaide CBD. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
About the Company:
Consunet delivers world-leading highly trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare (IW) projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong Research and Development (R&D) and collaboration emphasis, implements agile software development and robust management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. We highly recommend attaching a covering letter outlining your experience when applying
- How many years' experience do you have as an Engineering Lead?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.