CWP Renewables (CWPR) is driven by the belief that renewable energy makes our world cleaner and healthier. From development to construction to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As an emerging leader in utility scale renewable generation (including storage), CWPR welcomes and supports a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds. CWPR has corporate offices in Sydney, Canberra and Newcastle.
CWP Renewables is seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate who will be responsible for providing operational safety advice, investigation and safety audit services across CWP Renewables development, construction and operational sites. The role will work collaboratively with internal customers and external service providers to ensure the conformance wit legal and contractual requirements and evaluates operational compliance with approved safety management systems. The Safety Advisor is a key member of the CWP Renewables team and can be based in either Canberra or Newcastle with frequent travel to NSW based sites.
- Provide advice and support to CWP Renewables management, employees and contractors on the effective management of operational health and safety matters.
- Undertake safety system and performance auditing of construction and maintenance contract service providers in consultation with project managers, site representatives and the Safety Manager.
- Monitor and report operational safety performance to management, employees and contractors to create awareness and improve overall behaviours.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to provide ongoing process and system improvements to ensure quality health and safety outcomes.
- Assist with Safety training across the whole of CWPR.
- Lead by example by role modelling the Safety-First culture, demonstrating personal accountability for self-development and achieving quality and timely results.
- Inspire and champion change, challenge the status quo and set the example for achieving high performance outcomes.
You will have:
- A minimum of five (5) plus years of demonstrated functional experience in a similar field health and safety role.
- A diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Registered Auditor – Safety Management Systems (desirable).
- ICAM or equivalent investigation trained.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of relevant legislation. governing safety management of construction/high-risk activities.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in auditing and investigation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
What’s on Offer
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility. CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Visit www.cwprenewables.com [link removed] to learn more about us.
Please click on the "Apply" button above. Applications close on 08/10/2021. Submit your updated resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to be considered for the role. Please monitor your email regarding communication on progress of your application.
CWP Renewables has existing relationships with recruiters. No cold calling from recruiters please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.