- A fantastic opportunity for a senior/principal engineer to lead a team of engineers working on full-stack web development.
- Brand New Projects
- Career progression at your finger tips, training opportunities, conferences and courses readily available
- Work from home and in our incredible Newcastle Offices located on Hunter Street
At Mudbath we engineer and build world-class digital products and solutions for industry leaders. From health to mining, banking to transport, and education to insurance.
We have a national presence with clients and colleagues located across Australia.
We pride ourselves on using the latest web technologies and working on exciting, fun and diverse projects - small and large! We're looking for passionate people who are willing to learn, design and contribute to build the best.
Mudbath is in Newcastle, and if you are not already here, we welcome you to relocate. Newcastle combines the benefits of a regional city on the coast with a thriving tech community. We base ourselves in Newcastle because we love it here. Otherwise join us working remotely as part of our distributed team across Australia.
As a Mudbath Principal Engineer you will be a key member of our Development team and have the opportunity to work closely with our clients’ business and technical stakeholders, enjoy taking on new challenges as a Tech Lead, designing solutions for our customers and adapt to new technologies with high profile brands and highly visible web and mobile apps, used by thousands of people. You will also be responsible for the people leadership, coaching and mentoring of Software Developers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading software engineering team/s and improving overall software delivery performance
- Architecting, building and operating scalable, available, performant and secure solutions
- Building solutions in multiple stacks, understanding coding best practices, design patterns and security, with the ability to guide more junior team members
- Engage with clients in collaboration with the project team to understand technical needs and solutions, and identify and harness opportunities
- Identify project risks and issues and collaborate with the project team to build solutions
- Drive personal continuous improvement and update job knowledge by studying state of the art tools, programming techniques and equipment
- Communicating clearly and impactfully with internal and external stakeholders across projects
- Lead, coach, mentor Software Developers
To be successful you will demonstrate:
- Strong technical skills in most or all of these technologies.
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Software Developer
- Experience Tech Leading client, cloud-based solutions
- Strong ability to enable success through others
More about Mudbath
We're a vibrant, inclusive team eager to learn, evolve and build great products for our clients.
As part of being with Mudbath you'll enjoy dedicated time for career development, awesome team events and after-5s including Mud Lunches, Mud Drinks, Mud Poker Nights, Mudbath Lunch & Learns. You'll immediately feel like part of the family (and you'll never be bored again).
Ready to get muddy? Apply today!
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.