About our business
With a history spanning 120 years, we are proud and passionate about the service and support we provide to our clients. As a leading, national medical indemnity insurer to the healthcare profession, we play a significant role in protecting and supporting our clients in their practice of medicine. MIGA provides insurance protection backed by a range of support services, which encompass insurance advice, risk management education, claims management and medico-legal support, advocacy and peer support. We are a dynamic, multifaceted business seeking an Administrative Assistant with passion and drive to help us grow our business pipeline.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Legal Services you will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Legal Services Department. Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provide typing and telephone support to the Department
- Accurate typing of audio (dictaphone) recordings
- Processing and filing of correspondence as required
- Insurance system – data entry and claim file maintenance as required
- Making up files and filing as required
- Assist with maintaining files in the claims database and the document management system
- Assist with processing of the numerous accounts received into the Department
- General administrative and clerical support
- Provide support as required to the Department nationally
- Assist with the maintenance of the compactus containing the claims files
- Assist with ensuring closed files are stored appropriately on site and then archived and removed off site
- Assist with various administrative tasks associated with visits from various reinsurers and other third parties as required
- Assist with various administrative tasks associated with external and internal claim files reviews and audits
What you’ll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Proven experience in a secretarial or clerical role preferably in a law firm or professional services organisation
- Proven experience using a Dictaphone
- A certificate in Business Administration (Legal) or equivalent will be highly regarded.
What MIGA offers
- Be part of a professional and dynamic team and a growing organisation that is committed to service and quality
- A modern office environment
- Reward and Recognition:
- Salary Package commensurate with role and experience
- Generous employee benefits, including above award Superannuation
To apply please forward a resume and cover letter which clearly addresses:
- The reason for your interest, and
- How your skills and experience suit the role
via the Apply button
For a confidential discussion and a copy of the Position Description, please contact Debbie Stillitano on 1800 777 156. For further information on MIGA please visit our website www.miga.com.au
Applications close Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience operating digital dictation devices?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.