Service Manager – Mackay Hyundai & Mackay Isuzu Ute:
Leading the Mackay Hyundai and Isuzu Ute service teams, the position puts you in charge of service for two of the regions’ leading brands
Part of a family owned motor group with sites around Australia, the dealership is located in the Mackay CBD and one of the largest regional dealerships in the country, delivering around 4300 new and used cars annually.
Prior experience as a Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager is preferred, as this role requires a leader who can guide the team through their day to day operations. The perfect candidate for this role will have prior experience within a franchise service department and will be looking for the opportunity to advance their career.
This position will see the successful candidate utilising their well-developed leadership skills and strong service experience to oversee our busy Service Department, responsible for improving and maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiency, ensuring the department’s viability and profitability with particular focus on customer satisfaction & retention.
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to employees in the service department.
- Investigate and eliminate practices that waste supplies, utilities, space and time.
- Regular reporting of department’s actual sales performance against set targets to the General Manager.
- Recruiting, selecting and training of service staff.
- Examine “come back” repair orders, to identify and eliminate issues that create rework.
- Ensure all warranty process is carried out to comply with company and manufacturer guidelines as required.
- Ensuring department staffing and skill levels are maintained at appropriate levels for profitability, customer satisfaction and future growth.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in line with Company policy, following approved processes, procedures, and in compliance with all Manufacturer requirements.
- Closely monitor Manufacturer CSI results and implement corrective action as necessary.
The successful applicant must have:
- 3 years experience in a franchise automotive service operations environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership & team management experience including proven ability to work well with and lead a high-performance team in a busy service environment
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- High level of computer literacy with experience in a range Microsoft Office programs
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Mechanical knowledge and/or relevant trade qualifications.
- Strong knowledge of automotive franchise front service desk operating requirements and standards.
- Desire to grow their career within an organisation that can provide opportunities for advancement.
The Mackay Region, where living in paradise is a part of everyday life.
More than 120,000 people call the Mackay Region home, with 70,000 living in the city of Mackay itself. Nestled on the banks of the Pioneer River, Queensland’s only blue water river; Mackay encompasses all of the conveniences of a big city.
Land and properties are a fraction of the cost to buy or rent, in comparison to larger capital cities, yet the surrounding area provides a better lifestyle. Less stress, less commuting time to work and less congestion. There is an abundance of education providers in the Mackay Region, with excellent academic and extracurricular opportunities from Prep to High School. Mackay is also home to CQ University.
One of the top reasons people love to live in Mackay is the tropical climate. Summers consist of hot balmy days with cooling evening rain, while the remainder of the year provides invariably blue skies and sunshine.
Make the move to the Mackay Region and experience what it’s like to work where you love to play.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes to suit the role please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.