SFM Marine provide a comprehensive offering of maritime support services in Western Australia, including lift and launch, boat engineering, fabrication, boat building, painting, antifouling, prop-speed vessel detailing and marine training. We pride ourselves on personalised service and employing high quality tradespeople.
The Boat Business, a part of SFM Marine, is located in North Fremantle right on the water’s edge and we offer all professional services to cater for the recreational and commercial marine industry focussed on marine outboard motors in Mercury and Suzuki along with other marine accessories.
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking an office administrator to join our busy team. If you are ready to grow professionally, our specialist team is inviting like-minded individuals to step up and rise to the challenge.
About the Role
Your role will be flexible in nature, but will include:
- Acting as the first point for walk-in boat owners and fielding telephone calls
- Liaise with marine customers to resolve issues and provide assistance
- Liaise with Outboard Motor engine manufacturers in an administrative capacity
- Work closely with Marine Service team to ensure service schedule is maintained and field technicians are suitably equipped with requirements for the job.
- Placing marine parts orders and receipting parts.
- Preparing invoices and assisting service team. Input of creditor invoices.
- Monitoring of time sheets and generation of ad hoc reports
- Ordering of office supplies
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Computer literate and ability to use new technology
- Familiarity with the marine industry a distinct advantage
- Thorough problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
- Positive attitude and team player
- Willingness to accept direction
- Motivation to learn new skills
- Understanding of parts supply chains and logistics
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Sound understanding of OHS & WHS policies
- Experience in a marine chandlery, marine service centre or similar.
What we provide:
- Manufacturer specific Product training
- A health and safety conscious workplace
- In house training for any safety/operational procedures
- Parking onsite
- The opportunity for professional development
Please submit your resume via the link provided and we will be in touch.
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.