Can you sell sand at the beach? Could you teach someone else to sell water to a drowning person?
Are you neat, tidy and organised?
That’s uh, yep that’s about it.
If you can do all *TWO* of those things, guess what? We want to hear from you!
No really. That’s literally it. No funny business. No “tEn YeArS eXpErIeNcE nEcEsSaRy” for an entry level leadership position. Just sales & organisational skills.
(insert Owen Wilson’s “wooow”)
About Your Future Favourite Bosses
Here at Big Play Games, we strive to entertain and inspire not only children but adults through imagination, fun and annoyingly addictive fidget toys. We’re a Gold Coast-based, Australian-owned family business who’s been planning global domination since September 2017. With over 10 stores operating from North Brisbane to South Gold Coast, we’re constantly evolving and expanding.
THE OPPORTUNITY (of a lifetime)
Big Play Games is looking for Kiosk Managers to lead, inspire, coach and occasionally troll our teams in each of our stores across Carindale, Garden City, Indooroopilly, Logan, Coomera, Helensvale and Robina. This opportunity will see you do manage-y things like be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kiosk, not piss anyone off (we’re talking about you Telstra) and work with our Area Manager, Jett, who’s a super nice guy and looks like Harry Potter.
The Roles & Responsibilities:
- Show up on time (crazy concept, we know), take as much money from people as you can, keep everything clean and generally be awesome
- Store sales targets - you abide by one rule and one rule only: if you’re not first, you’re last
- Motivate your team to achieve optimal stonks, and just like GameStop, take it to the moon
- Business, business, numbers, numbers AKA achieve optimal results in sales targets, KPI’s, store presentation, visual merchandising, stock levels, and shrinkage
- (Insert Bane accent) Organisation isn’t something you were adopted into. You were born into it, molded by it!
- Single, hot, office management in your area wants you to slide into their DMs regarding stock control, marketing requirements and your team’s training needs
- Your team is already awesome. Make sure they continue to stay awesome. You know the drill… keep morale high and stay on top of their individual development & training
The Finer Print:
- Your bubbly personality and overwhelming positivity could power a star to go supernova
- You have so much energy that concerned parents and support workers offer you Adderall on a daily basis
- Every customer you speak with thinks you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread.
- If there was a Nobel Prize for customer service, everyone would be competing for 2nd
- You’re more excited about leading & training your team to succeed than the Kool-Aid guy is about smashing walls
- Thinking about how to improve your store keeps you up at night
- Your visual merchandising and organisational skills spark joy in even Marie Kondo
- Be nice to people. They seem to like you more as a person that way.
- You love working alone like Batman but switch to the ultimate team player as soon as the Avengers call
- You’re able to: *Improvise. Adapt. Overcome* and roll with the punches when the unexpected happens (or ya’know, when a job ad mixes up superhero franchises)
- Working with amazing (and oh-so humble) people with a great (and only somewhat inappropriate) sense of humour
- Access to exclusive employee discounts
- Salary + Super + fun and unique commission structure
- An inclusive and collaborative environment where performance is celebrated (and we don’t just mean with high-5s)
- A fun and dynamic culture that is people-focused. I mean, come on, we literally have a Thanos Cat spray-painted across 2 stories in our warehouse… who wouldn’t want to be a part of this family?
Join us and see what it means to become part of the Big Play Games experience. Did we mention we have games nights with pizza? Probably should have opened with that...
To apply, simply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us why we should bring you onboard!
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.