An excellent opportunity for a Licensed Optometrist to join our team. Previous experience as an Optometrist is required
Costco Wholesale is the 2nd largest global retailer operating more than 752 locations in 11 countries, catering to both business and individual members. We are the recognized leader in our field - dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics.
Essential position requirements
- Be able to demonstrate ability in providing outstanding patient care;
- Have successfully completed appropriate tertiary studies in Optometry;
- Be registered and licensed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency / Optometry Board of Australia;
- Coach, train and mentor other Optical department employees;
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality with all patient information.
Available to the successful candidate
- Rewarding salary;
- Fast and dynamic team environment;
- Opportunity to work with international industry leading professionals.
- Communication – Articulates information, both verbally and in writing, in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to employees, members, and managers and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward other Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Is proactive and reacts quickly and appropriately in identifying problems, finding solutions, and making sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision. Maintains a commitment to honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in any manner necessary to accomplish the goal. Willingness to perform any tasks that needs to be done and willingness to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignmen Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Proven ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review by a recommendation from the direct manager/supervisor through positive demonstration of Costco’s Success Behaviours, and by a file free from counselling notices related to job performance.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts this position is for you. Both experienced Optometrists and new graduates will be considered. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.