About Mater Rockhampton
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. Our heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, our 136 bed facility features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton is seeking an experienced Speech Therapist to work within our Rehabilitation Unit. This position is being offered on a casual basis, approximately 32 hours per fortnight.
In the role you will enjoy being part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. As the Speech Pathologist you will strive to maximise the communication and swallowing skills of the Mater Hospital’s clients and promote their needs within the ward environment.
Salary range: $57.87 - $62.77 (inclusive of casual loading) per hour commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
Flexible hours are available that can be adapted to fit with other commitments.
In order to be successful in this position, you will:
- Have a Bachelor of Speech Pathology (or equivalent) and eligibility for membership with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) are essential.
- Have current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Have experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Have demonstrated clinical competence required to assess, diagnose, and treat a variety of speech, language and swallowing disorders in order to deliver appropriate care to clients.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form to enable effective service delivery and documentation.
- Be able to practice with very limited supervision.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to apply.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Raechel Dransfield on email@example.com during business hours.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently a member of Speech Pathology Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.