Skyrail is a unique rainforest attraction that has built on its success to become a world leader in sustainable tourism. This stable Cairns based company has thrived during the pandemic and now seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the following position:
Full Time/ Part Time
We are seeking suitable qualified and/or experienced Electrical Fitter / Tradesperson to assist with the maintenance of the cableway and all associated plant and equipment. This is an exciting and rewarding role which will see you working in the beautiful scenic rainforest with a leading tourism operator.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking planned, preventative maintenance on a variety of plant and equipment.
- Proactively monitoring equipment and undertaking fault finding and repair activities.
- Working to Maintenance department systems and completing documentation and records as required.
- Working at heights.
- Miscellaneous rigging tasks.
The successful applicant will have the following key attributes and skills:
- Must have previous experience working with heavy plant as an electrical engineer / fitter.
- Must be willing and prepared to work at heights.
- The ability to work autonomously following operational procedures.
- The ability to follow and adhere to company safety policies & procedures.
- A proactive and ‘can do’ approach!
We provide a 4 day on, 3 day off rotating roster, which provides for great work/ life balance!
A current driver's licence is required. The position requires rotation across different rosters, some of which will include working on weekends, public holidays and nights. Cableway specific and heights training will be provided.
Skyrail conducts both pre-employment medical screening and drug and alcohol testing.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a career with a leading local business please Apply Now!
Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Please outline your experience and tell us why you are seeking a career with Skyrail.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Electrical Fitter?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.