About the company
Skyrail is a unique rainforest attraction that has built on its success to become a world leader in sustainable tourism and delivery of exceptional visitor experiences. The company has an impeccable track record which matches its significant, perpetual investment in quality and safety.
We are a locally owned family business offering long term, dynamic career opportunities in the Cairns region.
About the role
We are currently seeking a passionate individual to join our Environmental team. This position has the flexibility of being full time or part time to the successful candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- engaging with guests to provide interpretive information about the rainforest
- maintaining Skyrail grounds, facilities and rainforest tracks
- ensuring our high standards of guest experience are met.
Your roster will include some public holiday and weekend work. Your initial training will be at Smithfield however you will need to be able to work at our Kuranda, Barron Falls and Red Peak stations once trained, so a drivers license and own transport is essential.
Skills and experience
The following key attributes and skills will see you succeed in this career path with Skyrail:
- Demonstrated experience in conservation and land management, horticulture, or landscaping
- An eye for detail and presentation standards
- Superior customer service skills; and
- A drivers license, your own transport and willingness to travel at heights on Skyrail.
- A sound knowledge of tropical rainforest ecology and experience delivering interpretation will be highly regarded.
Commitment to safety
Skyrail is committed to excellence and safety in the workplace and we have comprehensive systems in place to ensure the safe operation of the cableway. As part of our team, you must be physically and mentally alert to carry out your duties safely.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical test and drug/alcohol screen to determine fitness to perform inherent requirements of their role. Random drug and alcohol screening is conducted on a regular basis.
Please include a one page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and an up to date resume as part of your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Ranger?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.