- Rapidly growing Australian owned company, multiple roles
- Support, Design and Implement Defence software systems
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
As a Consunet Solution Architect/Technical Lead you will play a crucial part in defending Australia’s cyber and spectrum security interests. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design and delivery of software solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Your role will require designing and developing complex enterprise web applications while managing software development tooling, automation pipelines, associated platforms and services. As a technical lead you will ensure the solution delivered is aligned with requirements, ensuring the engineering team fully understand the solution and elaborating on the solution design where required to achieve the intended goal. As a leader you will be involved in guiding the actions of your technical team as well as providing technical advice and support in the use of technologies, and helping your team adapt and adhere to a DevSecOps culture.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from permanent residents and visa holders.
With a degree or equivalent in computer science and/or engineering you have a proficient understanding of container technologies, container orchestration platforms and an understanding of automation technologies and tools such as infrastructure-as-code. You are also proficient in software engineering best practice, design patterns and documenting software solutions. You’re able to improve and manage project software development tooling and automation practices and have demonstrated experience in managing small teams in the use of agile methodologies. You are able to transfer knowledge across teams and to mentor less-experienced technical staff. You have expertise in developing solutions for distributed environments with your knowledge and use of web technologies and front-end design patterns.
You are adaptable, communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences such as internal and external stakeholders. Previously you would have experienced regular interaction with clients, designing solutions for business needs that have been communicated by the client.
Some of the Technologies we use include:
- Build Automation: Gradle, Maven, npm
- Container and Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation and Configuration: Ansible, Terraform
- Infrastructure: Azure, private cloud and bare metal
- CI/CD Platforms: GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Other Cloud-Native: Nginx, HAProxy, Hashicorp Vault
- Observability: EFK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Dynatrace
- Security: SonarQube, Clair, Anchore, OpenSCAP, JFrog Xray
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration
- Friendly culture and work environment
- Monthly company dinners and social activities
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance
- Personalised training and development plans for employees to develop their skill set and progress their career
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
About the Company:
Our people create world-leading, trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. We highly recommend attaching a covering letter outlining your experience when applying.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a solutions architect?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.