This demanding but rewarding role requires a combination of strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen.
You will be joining a tight-knit and high-performing team of 20 staff.
Your primary role as a Clerk is to act as an agent for our barristers. Duties include practice management, business development, and various management responsibilities.
About Foley's List
With over 300 members, Foley's List is the largest List of barristers at the Victorian Bar. Independently owned, our barristers service the legal fraternity in all areas of practice throughout Australia and internationally.
The List is managed by an experienced, energetic, and professional Clerking team. The Clerks and the List’s support staff have an unrivaled reputation for providing superior service and ensuring equal opportunity for all List Members.
And now, we are hoping you can join our team to continue our record of excellent service.
A team player with an energetic and can-do disposition who performs well under pressure and is an enthusiastic networker.
· Long-term career aspirations in legal administration
· Experience in a professional service firm
· Good face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with barristers, solicitors, clients, court officials, and judges
· Excellent telephone manner and strong written communication skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Computer literacy
· The maturity to respect and manage confidential information
· Initiative, integrity, and self-motivation
· Organisational and planning ability, to handle competing demands of barristers and solicitors concurrently
· The ability to work under pressure
Experience in a legal environment is preferred but not essential.
About the Role
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday. Located in the CBD. (WFH during Lockdowns – work phone & laptop provided)
· Manage day to day diary for Barristers
· Provide administrative support to Barristers
· Provide professional/career support to Barristers
· Provide referral and support for solicitors and clients in the choice of Barristers
· Update, manage and distribute diary of Barristers’ contact details to solicitors
· Provide administrative and professional/career support to Readers
· Other administrative & management duties
This role is not suitable for Law Students & Graduates who are looking for short-term experience with the goal of becoming a Solicitor.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please provide us with your resume and a cover letter outlining;
· Why are you suitable for this role?
· Where do you want your career to be in five years?
· If you have or are in the process of obtaining a legal degree, why are you interested in long-term administration and not practicing.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants available to work 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday, and who fit the criteria will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be accepting CVs from recruitment agencies.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.